S P Engebretson
Affiliation: Columbia University
- The influence of interleukin gene polymorphism on expression of interleukin-1beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in periodontal tissue and gingival crevicular fluidS P Engebretson
Division of Periodontics, School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Periodontol 70:567-73. 1999....
- GCF IL-1beta profiles in periodontal diseaseSteven P Engebretson
Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Division of Periodontics, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Periodontol 29:48-53. 2002..To examine this issue, IL-1beta in GCF was evaluated from patients with varying degrees of periodontal disease. The influence of both the status of the patient and the probing depth at the sampled sites were considered in the analysis...
- Gingival crevicular fluid levels of interleukin-1beta and glycemic control in patients with chronic periodontitis and type 2 diabetesSteven P Engebretson
Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Division of Periodontics, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Periodontol 75:1203-8. 2004..Individual site and mean patient values were calculated. Glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c) levels were measured from anticoagulated whole blood using an automated affinity chromatography system. Serum glucose was also determined...
- Radiographic measures of chronic periodontitis and carotid artery plaqueSteven P Engebretson
Division of Periodontics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, 630 W 168th St, PH7 E 125A New York, NY 10032, USA
Stroke 36:561-6. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine whether radiographically assessed CP is associated with nonstenotic carotid artery plaque as an ultrasound measure of subclinical atherosclerosis...
- Periodontal infections and pre-term birth: early findings from a cohort of young minority women in New YorkD Mitchell-Lewis
Division of Periodontics, Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, New York, New York 10032, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 109:34-9. 2001..PLBW occurred in 18.9% of the women who did not receive periodontal intervention (17 cases), and in 13.5% (10 cases) of those who received such therapy...
- Prevalence and quality of endodontic treatment in the Northern Manhattan elderlyChia Yi Chen
School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
J Endod 33:230-4. 2007..We conclude that apical periodontitis is widely prevalent and the technical standard of root fillings is poor in this cohort. There is a substantial need for improved dental care among the northern Manhattan elderly...
- The overexpression of cyclo-oxygenase-2 in chronic periodontitisFan Zhang
Department of Genetic Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City, NY 10021, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 134:861-7. 2003..The objective of this prospective cross-sectional study was to determine if cyclo-oxygenase-2, or COX-2, is overexpressed in the inflamed gingival tissue of patients diagnosed as having moderate-to-severe chronic periodontitis, or CP...
- The influence of diabetes on gingival crevicular fluid beta-glucuronidase and interleukin-8Steven P Engebretson
Department of Periodontics, School of Dental Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Clin Periodontol 33:784-90. 2006..We examined the gingival crevicular fluid (GCF) beta-glucuronidase (BG) and interleukin-8 (IL-8) levels of periodontitis patients with and without type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM)...
- The future of periodontal diagnostic testingJohn T Grbic
Dent Today 22:103-11; quiz 111. 2003