Affiliation: Columbia University
- Divalproex treatment for youth with explosive temper and mood lability: a double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover designS J Donovan
Department of Therapeutics, Division of Epidemiology of Brain Disorders, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 157:818-20. 2000..The authors sought to replicate open-label findings showing that specific criteria for explosive temper and mood lability identify disruptive youth who improve while receiving the anticonvulsant divalproex sodium...
- The "younger-sibling-at-risk design": a pilot study of adolescents with ADHD and an older sibling with substance use disorderStephen J Donovan
Departments of Clinical Therapeutics Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 37:235-9. 2011..This "proof of concept' pilot study examines the design?s feasibility if the younger sibling has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)...
- Pharmacotherapy for marijuana dependence: a double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of divalproex sodiumFrances Rudnick Levin
Division on Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 66, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Addict 13:21-32. 2004..The design of a preliminary clinical trial should include a psychosocial/behavioral intervention emphasizing motivation and medication compliance and a placebo control group...
- Verbal abilities as predictors of retention among adolescents in a therapeutic communityJeffrey J Wilson
Department of Psychiatry, Division on Substance Abuse, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, Box 66, New York, NY 10032, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 36:393-401. 2006..Remediation of verbal communication skills may be an overlooked aspect of the therapeutic process in treating adolescent substance abusers...
- TEMPER, MOOD SWINGS & MARIJUANA-A TREATABLE SYNDROMEStephen Donovan; Fiscal Year: 2003..If this study's results are as predicted, they may help build algorithms on diagnosis, treatment and referral of the DBD's and SUD's. ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF ADDICTION RISK FACTORSStephen Donovan; Fiscal Year: 2004..I mentor child psychiatrists seeking advanced training in addiction and teacher to pre and post doctoral students interested in substance abuse intervention and randomized clinical trials. ..