Amar K Das
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Computers in psychiatry: a review of past programs and an analysis of historical trendsAmar K Das
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, New York 10032, USA
Psychiatr Q 73:351-65. 2002..We provide a discussion of representative computer programs. Our analysis of past programs reveals a number of design problems that may be a barrier to the more widespread use of computers in psychiatry...
- Bipolar depression in a low-income primary care clinicMark Olfson
New York State Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Dr, Unit 24, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:2146-51. 2005....
- Depression in US Hispanics: diagnostic and management considerations in family practiceRoberto Lewis-Fernandez
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, USA
J Am Board Fam Pract 18:282-96. 2005....
- Modeling electronic discharge summaries as a simple temporal constraint satisfaction problemGeorge Hripcsak
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University, 622 West 168th Street, VC5, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 12:55-63. 2005..To model the temporal information contained in medical narrative reports as a simple temporal constraint satisfaction problem...
- Screening for bipolar disorder in a primary care practiceAmar K Das
Division of Clinical and Genetic Epidemiology, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA
JAMA 293:956-63. 2005..Because of the risks associated with treating bipolar disorder with antidepressant monotherapy, efforts are needed to educate primary care physicians about the screening, management, and pharmacotherapy of bipolar disorders...
- Customizing clinical narratives for the electronic medical record interface using cognitive methodsPallav Sharda
Laboratory of Decision Making and Cognition, Department of Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University, 1501 East Central Road, Arlington Heights 60005, USA
Int J Med Inform 75:346-68. 2006..Our research focuses on utilizing a cognitive science methodology to guide the conversion of medical texts to a more structured, user-customized presentation in the electronic medical record (EMR)...
- Screening for depression in adultsAmar K Das
Ann Intern Med 138:767; author reply 767-8. 2003
- Depression in African Americans: breaking barriers to detection and treatmentAmar K Das
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Fam Pract 55:30-9. 2006..Our systematic review can assist family physicians in understanding how to overcome such barriers to the diagnosis and treatment of depressive disorders in African American patients...
- Bipolar disorderRaz Gross
N Engl J Med 351:2454-5. 2004
- Knowledge-level querying of temporal patterns in clinical research systemsMartin J O'Connor
Stanford Medical Informatics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 129:311-5. 2007..We present a scalable bridge-based software architecture that uses this knowledge model to enable dynamic querying of time-oriented research data...