Affiliation: Columbia University
- Short and long interpregnancy intervals: correlates and variations by pregnancy timing among U.S. womenKeely Cheslack Postava
adjunct associate research scientist, Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 47:19-26. 2015..Little is known about the correlates of short and long interpregnancy intervals in the general population, and whether correlates vary by pregnancy intention...
- Increased risk of autism spectrum disorders at short and long interpregnancy intervals in FinlandKeely Cheslack-Postava
Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, New York Electronic address
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 53:1074-81.e4. 2014..We investigated the association between short and long IPI in a Finnish population-based study...
- Oral contraceptive use and psychiatric disorders in a nationally representative sample of womenKeely Cheslack-Postava
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 722 West 168th Street, New York, NY, 10032, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 18:103-11. 2015..A potential mental health benefit of hormonal contraceptives has substantial public health implications; prospective longitudinal studies are needed to confirm whether hormonal contraceptive use improves mental health...
- The risk of childhood autism among second-generation migrants in Finland: a case-control studyVenla Lehti
Department of Child Psychiatry, University of Turku, Lemminkäisenkatu 3 Teutori, Turku 20014, Finland
BMC Pediatr 13:171. 2013..Most previous studies have focused on maternal region of birth and showed inconsistent results. No previous study has been conducted in Finland...
- Maternal serum persistent organic pollutants in the Finnish Prenatal Study of Autism: A pilot studyKeely Cheslack-Postava
Department of Epidemiology, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, New York, NY, United States
Neurotoxicol Teratol 38:1-5. 2013..Further study in a larger sample will be required to fully determine whether exposure to high POP levels is associated with autism diagnosis in the population. ..
- Autism spectrum disorders: toward a gendered embodiment modelKeely Cheslack-Postava
Paul F Lazarsfeld Center for the Social Sciences, Columbia University, 420 W, 118th Street, Mail Code 3355, New York, NY 10027, USA
Soc Sci Med 74:1667-74. 2012..Finally, we suggest research strategies to further investigate this issue...
- Closely spaced pregnancies are associated with increased odds of autism in California sibling birthsKeely Cheslack-Postava
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health and Society Scholars, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Pediatrics 127:246-53. 2011..To determine whether the interpregnancy interval (IPI) is associated with the risk of autism in subsequent births...
- Variation by diagnostic subtype in risk for autism spectrum disorders associated with maternal parity among Finnish birthsKeely Cheslack-Postava
Department of Epidemiology, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, New York, NY
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 28:58-66. 2014..The objective of this study was to determine whether risk for autism spectrum disorders (ASD) is associated with maternal parity...
- Maternal exposure to sexually transmitted infections and schizophrenia among offspringKeely Cheslack-Postava
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, United States
Schizophr Res 166:255-60. 2015..This study does not support a strong association of HSV-2 or C. trachomatis IgG antibodies in maternal serum during early to mid-gestation with the development of schizophrenia in the offspring...
- Maternal thyroid autoantibody and elevated risk of autism in a national birth cohortAlan S Brown
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, United States Department of Epidemiology, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, 722 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, United States Electronic address
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 57:86-92. 2015..We aimed to test the a priori hypothesis that positivity to maternal serum TPO-Ab (TPO-Ab+) (defined as >156 IU/ml) during pregnancy is related to childhood autism...
- Can Sibling Sex Ratios Be Used as a Valid Test for the Prenatal Androgen Hypothesis of Autism Spectrum Disorders?Keely Cheslack-Postava
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0141338. 2015..We then conducted such a test using a large, population-based sample of children...
- Cohort effects explain the increase in autism diagnosis among children born from 1992 to 2003 in CaliforniaKatherine M Keyes
Department of Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Int J Epidemiol 41:495-503. 2012..We estimate an age-period-cohort effect model for autism diagnostic incidence overall and by level of functioning...
- Independent review of social and population variation in mental health could improve diagnosis in DSM revisionsHelena B Hansen
New York University, New York City, NY, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:984-93. 2013..Drawing on the best available knowledge, the review body would make possible more precise and equitable psychiatric diagnoses and interventions...