Genomes and Genes
Hina W Chaudhry
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Cyclin A2 mediates cardiomyocyte mitosis in the postmitotic myocardiumHina W Chaudhry
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35858-66. 2004..These results reveal a previously unrecognized critical role for cyclin A2 in mediating cardiomyocyte mitosis, a role that may significantly impact upon clinical treatment of damaged myocardium...
- Cyclin A2 induces cardiac regeneration after myocardial infarction and prevents heart failureRichard K Cheng
Department of Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Circ Res 100:1741-8. 2007..The ability of cultured transgenic cardiomyocytes to undergo cytokinesis provides mechanistic support for the regenerative capacity of cyclin A2...
- Thymosin β4 and cardiac regeneration: are we missing a beat?David C Gajzer
Cardiovascular Regenerative Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1030, New York, NY 10029, USA
Stem Cell Rev 9:303-12. 2013..e. the time of administration. Furthermore, in light of a recent report, it appears that thymosin beta 4 may be dispensable for cardiac development...
- A mouse model for fetal maternal stem cell transfer during ischemic cardiac injuryRina J Kara
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Institute, New York, New York, USA
Clin Transl Sci 5:321-8. 2012....
- Molecular physiology of cardiac regenerationPaola Bolli
Cardiovascular Regenerative Medicine, Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1211:113-26. 2010..The recent advances in stem cell and regenerative biology are giving rise to the view that cardiac regeneration, although not quite ready for clinical treatment, may translate into therapeutic reality in the not too distant future...
- Engineered cardiac tissues for in vitro assessment of contractile function and repair mechanismsDo Eun Kim
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University, 1210 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10027, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:849-52. 2006..Furthermore, a novel cryo-injured ECT model of myocardial infarction offers the potential for the longitudinal study of mechanisms of cell-based cardiac repair in vitro...
- Fetal cells traffic to injured maternal myocardium and undergo cardiac differentiationRina J Kara
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1030, New York, NY 10029, USA
Circ Res 110:82-93. 2012..Fetal cells enter the maternal circulation during pregnancy and may persist in maternal tissue for decades as microchimeras...
- Cyclin A2 induces cardiac regeneration after myocardial infarction through cytokinesis of adult cardiomyocytesScott D Shapiro
Cardiovascular Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Sci Transl Med 6:224ra27. 2014..These data provide a compelling framework for the design and development of cardiac regenerative therapies based on cardiomyocyte cell cycle regulation. ..
- Myocardial regeneration therapy for ischemic cardiomyopathy with cyclin A2Y Joseph Woo
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:927-33. 2007..Our prior studies have demonstrated robust cyclin A2 transgene expression and marked antiphosphorylated histone H3 activity with this strategy, indicating the induction of cardiomyocyte mitosis...
- Therapeutic delivery of cyclin A2 induces myocardial regeneration and enhances cardiac function in ischemic heart failureY Joseph Woo
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia PA 19104, USA
Circulation 114:I206-13. 2006..Heart failure is a global health concern. As a novel therapeutic strategy, the induction of endogenous myocardial regeneration was investigated by initiating cardiomyocyte mitosis by expressing the cell cycle regulator cyclin A2...
- The Role of Cyclin A in Cardiac DevelopmentHINA CHAUDHRY; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Mechanistic Basis of Cyclin A2-Mediated Cardiac RepairHINA CHAUDHRY; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are proposed in order to elucidate a more directed path to clinical therapy. ..