Affiliation: Columbia University
- Rates and correlates of HIV and STI infection among homeless womenCarol L M Caton
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
AIDS Behav 17:856-64. 2013..Findings underscore the importance of offering HIV/STI testing, counseling, and HIV risk prevention interventions to homeless women and suggest that interventions should be tailored to the needs of specific subgroups of homeless women...
- Parenting and adjustment in schizophreniaC L Caton
Department of Psychiatry at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 50:239-43. 1999..Patients with schizophrenia who became parents and those who remained childless were compared on premorbid characteristics and current clinical and social adjustment...
- Risk factors for homelessness among indigent urban adults with no history of psychotic illness: a case-control studyC L Caton
Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 90:258-63. 2000..This study identified risk factors for homelessness among indigent urban adults without dependent children and with no history of psychotic illness...
- Differences between early-phase primary psychotic disorders with concurrent substance use and substance-induced psychosesCarol L M Caton
New York State Psychiatric Institute Columbia University Department of Psychiatry, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:137-45. 2005....
- Risk factors for long-term homelessness: findings from a longitudinal study of first-time homeless single adultsCarol L M Caton
Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 600 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Public Health 95:1753-9. 2005..We examined risk factors for long-term homelessness among newly homeless men and women who were admitted to New York City shelters in 2001 and 2002...
- Predictors of psychosis remission in psychotic disorders that co-occur with substance useCarol L M Caton
New York State Psychiatric Institute and the Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:618-25. 2006..To examine rates and predictors of psychosis remission at 1-year follow-up for emergency admissions diagnosed with primary psychotic disorders and substance-induced psychoses...
- Stability of early-phase primary psychotic disorders with concurrent substance use and substance-induced psychosisCarol L M Caton
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York 10032, USA
Br J Psychiatry 190:105-11. 2007..The stability of the diagnostic distinction between a substance-induced psychosis and a primary psychotic disorder co-occurring with substance use is not established...
- SERVICE NEEDS IN EARLY PSYCHOSIS AND DRUG USECAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Greater knowledge of the long-term course and outcome of these disorders may lead to more appropriate matches to treatment for substance use, and may uncover unmet needs for services. ..
- DRUG USE AND COURSE OF HOMELESSNESS AMONG SINGLE ADULTSCAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2003..Greater understanding of factors that determine the course of homelessness has implications for the development of prevention and early intervention strategies. ..
- A Peer Support Intervention for Psychosis and Drug UseCAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HIV Risk Among Homeless MothersCAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2007..The study will inform the design of HIV risk behavior preventive interventions appropriate to the life circumstances of homeless mothers. ..
- Columbia Center for Homelessness Prevention StudiesCAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Operations Core ..
- SERVICE NEEDS IN EARLY PSYCHOSIS AND DRUG USECAROL CATON; Fiscal Year: 2001..Greater knowledge of early psychosis and drug use in relation to illness course and outcome can lead to more effective assessment procedures, more appropriate matches to treatment for substance use, and uncover unmet needs for services. ..