Richard M Carpiano
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Long roads and tall mountains: the impact of motherhood on the recovery and health of domestic abuse survivorsRichard M Carpiano
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Health Care Women Int 23:442-9. 2002..Consequently, this may have an impact upon the survivor's children as well. Implications for further research are discussed...
- Tools, teamwork, and tenacity: an examination of family practice office system influences on preventive service deliveryRichard M Carpiano
Department of Sociomedical Sciences, Joseph L Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 722 West 168th Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10032, USA
Prev Med 36:131-40. 2003..We test a theoretical model of practice influences on PSD that accounts for Tools (preventive service aids/equipment), Teamwork (office organization), and Tenacity (prevention delivery attitudes)...
- Public conceptions of serious mental illness and substance abuse, their causes and treatments: findings from the 1996 general social surveySara Kuppin
Department of Sociomedical Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1766-71. 2006..We examined the degree to which lay beliefs about the causes of disorders may predict beliefs about what constitutes appropriate treatment...
- Toward a neighborhood resource-based theory of social capital for health: can Bourdieu and sociology help?Richard M Carpiano
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, 707 WARF Office Building, 610 North Walnut Street, Madison, WI 53726 2397, USA
Soc Sci Med 62:165-75. 2006....
- Neighborhood social capital and adult health: an empirical test of a Bourdieu-based modelRichard M Carpiano
Department of Sociology, University of British Columbia, 6303 Northwest Marine Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6 T 1Z1
Health Place 13:639-55. 2007..Future studies should consider social capital resources and the role of differential access to such resources for promoting or compromising health...