Affiliation: Columbia University
- Purchasing patterns and smoking behaviors after a large tobacco tax increase: a study of Chinese Americans living in New York CityJennifer Cantrell
Department of Sociomedical Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Public Health Rep 123:135-46. 2008..This study examined the prevalence and correlates of tax avoidance and changes in smoking behaviors among Chinese American smokers in New York City after a large tax increase...
- Implementing a fax referral program for quitline smoking cessation services in urban health centers: a qualitative studyJennifer Cantrell
Department of Cariology and Comprehensive Care, School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York University, New York, NY, USA
BMC Fam Pract 10:81. 2009..This study is an in-depth examination of the systems-level changes needed to implement and sustain a fax referral program in primary care...
- The effect of linking community health centers to a state-level smoker's quitline on rates of cessation assistanceDonna Shelley
Department of Cariology and Comprehensive Care, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 10:25. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of a fax referral system that links community health centers (CHCs) with the New York State Quitline on rates of provider cessation assistance...
- Physician and dentist tobacco use counseling and adolescent smoking behavior: results from the 2000 National Youth Tobacco SurveyDonna Shelley
Sociomedical Sciences, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, 722 W 168th St, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10032, USA
Pediatrics 115:719-25. 2005..The present study describes patterns of tobacco use counseling among physicians and dentists as reported by adolescents and determines the association between provider advice to quit and cessation activities among current smokers...
- Smoking cessation among sheltered homeless: a pilotDonna Shelley
New York University College of Dentistry and School of Medicine, 423 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010, USA
Am J Health Behav 34:544-52. 2010..To test the feasibility and effect of a smoking cessation intervention among sheltered homeless...