Gloria M Calaf
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Calaf G, Roy D. Gene and protein expressions induced by 17beta-estradiol and parathion in cultured breast epithelial cells. Mol Med. 2007;13:255-65 pubmed..Results suggest that parathion has the potency to cause malignant transformation of breast epithelial cells through modulation of expression of cell cycle regulated genes. ..
- Calaf G, Echiburu Chau C, Roy D. Organophosphorous pesticides and estrogen induce transformation of breast cells affecting p53 and c-Ha-ras genes. Int J Oncol. 2009;35:1061-8 pubmed..It can be concluded that the organophosphorous pesticides parathion and malathion induced malignant transformation of breast cells through genomic instability altering p53 and c-Ha-ras, considered pivotal to cancer process. ..
- Calaf G, Roy D. Cancer genes induced by malathion and parathion in the presence of estrogen in breast cells. Int J Mol Med. 2008;21:261-8 pubmed..Thus, we suggest that pesticides and estrogens affect human breast cells inducing molecular changes indicative of transformation. ..
- Calaf G, Garrido F. Catechol estrogens as biomarkers for mammary gland cancer. Int J Oncol. 2011;39:177-83 pubmed publisher..We concluded that morphological changes and alterations in the blood of the animals can be used as biomarkers for mammary gland cancer. ..
- Calaf G, Roy D. Human drug metabolism genes in parathion-and estrogen-treated breast cells. Int J Mol Med. 2007;20:875-81 pubmed..It can be concluded from this study that organophosphorous pesticides such as parathion in the presence of estradiol induced changes in human drug metabolism gene expression in breast cells. ..
- Calaf G, Echiburu Chau C, Zhao Y, Hei T. BigH3 protein expression as a marker for breast cancer. Int J Mol Med. 2008;21:561-8 pubmed..We conclude that this protein can be used as a marker for breast cancer progression. ..
- Calaf G, Echiburu Chau C. Synergistic effect of malathion and estrogen on mammary gland carcinogenesis. Oncol Rep. 2012;28:640-6 pubmed publisher....