Leopoldo J Cabassa
Affiliation: Columbia University
- A two-way street: bridging implementation science and cultural adaptations of mental health treatmentsLeopoldo J Cabassa
School of Social Work, Columbia University, 1255 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY, USA
Implement Sci 8:90. 2013..In this paper, we discuss how integrating these two fields can make significant contributions to reducing racial and ethnic disparities in mental health care...
- Health and wellness photovoice project: engaging consumers with serious mental illness in health care interventionsLeopoldo J Cabassa
Columbia University School of Social Work, New York, New York 10027, USA
Qual Health Res 23:618-30. 2013..In this article, we show how photovoice can generate valuable community knowledge to inform the translation of health care interventions in supportive housing agencies...
- Do race, ethnicity, and psychiatric diagnoses matter in the prevalence of multiple chronic medical conditions?Leopoldo J Cabassa
School of Social Work, Columbia University, New York, NY 10027, USA
Med Care 51:540-7. 2013..Yet, little is known about the relationship that race, ethnicity, and psychiatric disorders have on the prevalence of MCMCs in the general population...
- Depression fotonovela: development of a depression literacy tool for Latinos with limited English proficiencyLeopoldo J Cabassa
Center of Excellence for Cultural Competence, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive Rm 1715, Unit 11, New York, NY 10032, USA
Health Promot Pract 13:747-54. 2012..Our production process delineates practical steps of how to use a multistakeholder approach to develop a health-related fotonovela. Implications for practice of this innovative depression literacy tool are discussed...
- Racial and ethnic differences in diabetes mellitus among people with and without psychiatric disorders: results from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related ConditionsLeopoldo J Cabassa
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 33:107-15. 2011..This study examined racial/ethnic differences in the prevalence of diabetes mellitus in a nationally representative sample of adults with and without common psychiatric disorders...
- Collaborative planning approach to inform the implementation of a healthcare manager intervention for Hispanics with serious mental illness: a study protocolLeopoldo J Cabassa
New York State Center of Excellence for Cultural Competence, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, USA
Implement Sci 6:80. 2011....
- Focus group evaluation of "Secret Feelings": a depression fotonovela for Latinos with limited English proficiencyLeopoldo J Cabassa
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
Health Promot Pract 12:840-7. 2011....
- Depression and diabetes among low-income Hispanics: design elements of a socioculturally adapted collaborative care model randomized controlled trialKathleen Ell
School of Social Work, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 0411, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 39:113-32. 2009..In addition, baseline data of 387 low-income, 96% Hispanic, enrolled patients with major depression and diabetes are examined to identify study population characteristics consistent with trial design adaptations...
- Lifestyle interventions for adults with serious mental illness: a systematic literature reviewLeopoldo J Cabassa
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:774-82. 2010....