Nesha S Burghardt
Affiliation: Columbia University
- The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor citalopram increases fear after acute treatment but reduces fear with chronic treatment: a comparison with tianeptineNesha S Burghardt
W M Keck Foundation Laboratory of Neurobiology, Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York, New York 10003, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:1171-8. 2004..In this study, we used fear conditioning to begin to understand how acute and chronic SSRI treatment might differentially affect well-characterized fear circuits...
- Acute and chronic effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor treatment on fear conditioning: implications for underlying fear circuitsN S Burghardt
Columbia University, Departments of Neuroscience and Psychiatry, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 87, New York, NY 10032, United States
Neuroscience 247:253-72. 2013....
- Chronic antidepressant treatment impairs the acquisition of fear extinctionNesha S Burghardt
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032 2695, USA
Biol Psychiatry 73:1078-86. 2013..To gain further insight into how SSRIs affect fear learning, we tested the effects of chronic SSRI treatment on the acquisition of extinction...
- Acute selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors increase conditioned fear expression: blockade with a 5-HT(2C) receptor antagonistNesha S Burghardt
W M Keck Foundation Laboratory of Neurobiology, Center for Neural Science, New York University, New York 10032 2695, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:1111-8. 2007..Here, we extend our findings by assessing the effects of acute SSRI treatment on the expression of previously acquired conditioned fear...
- Differential control of learning and anxiety along the dorsoventral axis of the dentate gyrusMazen A Kheirbek
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 77:955-68. 2013..These results suggest that strategies aimed at modulating the excitability of the ventral DG may be beneficial for the treatment of anxiety disorders...
- 4- to 6-week-old adult-born hippocampal neurons influence novelty-evoked exploration and contextual fear conditioningChristine A Denny
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Hippocampus 22:1188-201. 2012..These data suggest that the transient enhancement of plasticity observed in young adult-born neurons contributes to cognitive functions...
- Adult-born hippocampal neurons promote cognitive flexibility in miceNesha S Burghardt
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Hippocampus 22:1795-808. 2012..Together these results demonstrate that adult neurogenesis contributes to cognitive flexibility when it requires changing a learned response to a stimulus-evoked memory...
- Increasing adult hippocampal neurogenesis is sufficient to improve pattern separationAmar Sahay
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 472:466-70. 2011....