Affiliation: Columbia University
- Incubation of cue-induced cigarette craving during abstinence in human smokersGillinder Bedi
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Biol Psychiatry 69:708-11. 2011..It is unknown whether cue-induced craving increases, decreases, or remains constant with abstinence in humans. We investigated effects of abstinence on cue-induced craving in cigarette smokers...
- Is ecstasy an "empathogen"? Effects of ±3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine on prosocial feelings and identification of emotional states in othersGillinder Bedi
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Biol Psychiatry 68:1134-40. 2010..However, they have yet to be characterized in controlled studies. Here, we investigate effects of MDMA on an important social cognitive capacity, the identification of emotional expression in others, and on socially relevant mood states...
- Effects of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on evaluation of emotional imagesMichael E Ballard
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Psychopharmacol 26:1289-98. 2012..These results support our previous work, and show that THC reduces perception of facial threat. Nevertheless, THC does not appear to positively bias evaluation of emotional stimuli in general...
- The effects of oral micronized progesterone on smoked cocaine self-administration in womenStephanie Collins Reed
Division on Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 120, New York, NY 10032, USA
Horm Behav 59:227-35. 2011..However, based on previous literature, further research assessing the role of oral progesterone for the treatment of cocaine dependence in women is warranted...
- A pilot study of neurocognitive function in older and younger cocaine abusers and controlsRaj K Kalapatapu
Substance Use Research Center, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University, 1051 Riverside Drive, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Addict 20:228-39. 2011..Future examination of neurocognitive function in older cocaine abusers is clearly warranted. ..
- Effects of MDMA on sociability and neural response to social threat and social rewardGillinder Bedi
Human Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC 3077, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 207:73-83. 2009..Despite their apparent importance in recreational and potential psychotherapeutic use of MDMA, the defining characteristics and neurobiological mechanisms of these interpersonal effects are poorly understood...
- A window into the intoxicated mind? Speech as an index of psychoactive drug effectsGillinder Bedi
1 Division on Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute, and Department of Psychiatry, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY, USA 2 Human Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:2340-8. 2014..The findings also illustrate the potential for automated speech-based approaches to characterize clinically relevant alterations to mental state, including those occurring in psychiatric illness...