Peter S Bearman
Affiliation: Columbia University
- Medical school gift restriction policies and physician prescribing of newly marketed psychotropic medications: difference-in-differences analysisMarissa King
Yale University School of Management, New Haven, CT, USA
BMJ 346:f264. 2013..To examine the effect of attending a medical school with an active policy on restricting gifts from representatives of pharmaceutical and device industries on subsequent prescribing behavior...
- Suicide and friendships among American adolescentsPeter S Bearman
Sociology Department and the Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Public Health 94:89-95. 2004..We investigated the relationship between friendships and suicidality among male and female adolescents...
- Cohort effects explain the increase in autism diagnosis among children born from 1992 to 2003 in CaliforniaKatherine M Keyes
Department of Epidemiology, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Int J Epidemiol 41:495-503. 2012..We estimate an age-period-cohort effect model for autism diagnostic incidence overall and by level of functioning...
- Independent review of social and population variation in mental health could improve diagnosis in DSM revisionsHelena B Hansen
New York University, New York City, NY, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:984-93. 2013..Drawing on the best available knowledge, the review body would make possible more precise and equitable psychiatric diagnoses and interventions...
- Age of diagnosis for autism: individual and community factors across 10 birth cohortsChristine Fountain
Paul Lazarsfeld Center for Social Sciences, Columbia University, New York, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 65:503-10. 2011..Using a multilevel analysis strategy, the individual and community-level factors associated with age of diagnosis were modelled across 10 birth cohorts of California children...
- Six developmental trajectories characterize children with autismChristine Fountain
Paul F Lazarsfeld Center for the Social Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Pediatrics 129:e1112-20. 2012..The goal of this study was to describe the typical longitudinal developmental trajectories of social and communication functioning in children with autism and to determine the correlates of these trajectories...
- Ambivalence and pregnancy: adolescents' attitudes, contraceptive use and pregnancyHannah Bruckner
Department of Sociology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 36:248-57. 2004..It is often argued that adolescents who become pregnant do not sufficiently appreciate the negative consequences, and that prevention programs should target participants' attitudes toward pregnancy...
- Social influence and the autism epidemicKa Yuet Liu
Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
AJS 115:1387-434. 2010..e., residential sorting, environmental toxicants, and viral transmission) through seven tests and show that information diffusion simultaneously contributed to the increased prevalence, spatial clustering, and decreasing age of diagnosis...
- Closely spaced pregnancies are associated with increased odds of autism in California sibling birthsKeely Cheslack-Postava
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Health and Society Scholars, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Pediatrics 127:246-53. 2011..To determine whether the interpregnancy interval (IPI) is associated with the risk of autism in subsequent births...