Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Colorado State University
- Rash J, Davidson K, Yasumura T, Furman C. Freeze-fracture and immunogold analysis of aquaporin-4 (AQP4) square arrays, with models of AQP4 lattice assembly. Neuroscience. 2004;129:915-34 pubmed..Several structural models are considered that incorporate freeze-fracture data for submolecular "cross-bridges" linking IMPs into the classical square lattices that characterize, in particular, naturally occurring AQP4. ..
- Rash J, Davidson K, Kamasawa N, Yasumura T, Kamasawa M, Zhang C, et al. Ultrastructural localization of connexins (Cx36, Cx43, Cx45), glutamate receptors and aquaporin-4 in rodent olfactory mucosa, olfactory nerve and olfactory bulb. J Neurocytol. 2005;34:307-41 pubmed....
- Rash J. Molecular disruptions of the panglial syncytium block potassium siphoning and axonal saltatory conduction: pertinence to neuromyelitis optica and other demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system. Neuroscience. 2010;168:982-1008 pubmed publisher..Continued progress in molecular identification and subcellular mapping of glial ion and water channels will lead to a better understanding of demyelinating diseases of the CNS and to development of improved treatment regimens. ..
- Rash J, Kamasawa N, Davidson K, Yasumura T, Pereda A, Nagy J. Connexin composition in apposed gap junction hemiplaques revealed by matched double-replica freeze-fracture replica immunogold labeling. J Membr Biol. 2012;245:333-44 pubmed publisher..This approach allows unambiguous identification of connexins and determination of the membrane "sidedness" and the identities of connexin coupling partners in homotypic and heterotypic gap junctions of vertebrate neurons. ..
- Rash J, Yasumura T, Davidson K, Furman C, Dudek F, Nagy J. Identification of cells expressing Cx43, Cx30, Cx26, Cx32 and Cx36 in gap junctions of rat brain and spinal cord. Cell Commun Adhes. 2001;8:315-20 pubmed..Thus, in adult rat CNS, neurons and glia express different connexins, with "permissive" connexin pairing combinations apparently defining separate pathways for neuronal vs. glial gap junctional communication. ..
- Rash J, Olson C, Davidson K, Yasumura T, Kamasawa N, Nagy J. Identification of connexin36 in gap junctions between neurons in rodent locus coeruleus. Neuroscience. 2007;147:938-56 pubmed....
- Rash J, Olson C, Pouliot W, Davidson K, Yasumura T, Furman C, et al. Connexin36 vs. connexin32, "miniature" neuronal gap junctions, and limited electrotonic coupling in rodent suprachiasmatic nucleus. Neuroscience. 2007;149:350-71 pubmed....