Toni R Pak
Affiliation: Colorado State University
- Steroidal modulation of in vitro gonadotropin secretion in prepubertal and adult male Siberian hamstersToni R Pak
Department of Environmental, Population and Organismic Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 298:53-9. 2003....
- Disruption of pubertal onset by exogenous testosterone and estrogen in two species of rodentsToni R Pak
Department of Environmental, Population and Organismic Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder 80309, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 284:E206-12. 2003..Despite the highly varied effects of T and E(2) in these two species, the ability of steroid hormones to disrupt the onset of puberty appears to be a feature common to many rodents...
- Estrogen accelerates gonadal recrudescence in photo-regressed male siberian hamstersToni R Pak
Department of Environmental, Population and Organismic Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder 80309 0334, USA
Endocrinology 143:4131-4. 2002..Further, we demonstrated a novel role of E(2) in the initiation of spermatogenesis, possibly via a mechanism independent of FSH...
- Differential alteration of the reproductive axis by testosterone and estrogen in peripubertal and adult male Siberian hamsters (Phodopus sungorus)Toni R Pak
Department of Environmental, Population, and Organismic Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Biol Reprod 67:706-11. 2002....
- Progestin receptor expression in the developing rat brain depends upon activation of estrogen receptor alpha and not estrogen receptor betaWilson C J Chung
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 80523, USA
Brain Res 1082:50-60. 2006..In the lateral bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BSTL), neither PPT nor DPN affected PR expression, suggesting the presence of a gonadal hormone-independent PR regulatory mechanism...
- Ligand-independent effects of estrogen receptor beta on mouse gonadotropin-releasing hormone promoter activityToni R Pak
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 80523, USA
Endocrinology 147:1924-31. 2006..Overall, our data suggest that ERbeta functions as a basic transcription factor in GnRH neurons and demonstrate a potential molecular mechanism for the negative feedback effects of E(2) on GnRH...
- The androgen metabolite, 5alpha-androstane-3beta, 17beta-diol, is a potent modulator of estrogen receptor-beta1-mediated gene transcription in neuronal cellsToni R Pak
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Endocrinology 146:147-55. 2005..These data provide evidence for activation of ER signaling pathways by an androgen metabolite in neuronal cells...
- An alternate pathway for androgen regulation of brain function: activation of estrogen receptor beta by the metabolite of dihydrotestosterone, 5alpha-androstane-3beta,17beta-diolRobert J Handa
Department of Biomedical Sciences Neurosciences Division, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Horm Behav 53:741-52. 2008..These novel findings compel us to re-evaluate the interpretation of past studies and the design of future experiments aimed at elucidating the specific effects of androgen receptor signaling pathways...
- Targeted expression of a dominant-negative fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptor in gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) neurons reduces FGF responsiveness and the size of GnRH neuronal populationPei San Tsai
Department of Integrative Physiology and the Center for Neuroscience, University of Colorado, 114 Clare Small, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0354, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:225-36. 2005..Overall, our results are the first to show, at the level of the organism, that FGFs are one of the important components involved in the formation and maintenance of the GnRH system...
- Estrogen receptor-beta mediates dihydrotestosterone-induced stimulation of the arginine vasopressin promoter in neuronal cellsToni R Pak
Department of Biomedical Science, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
Endocrinology 148:3371-82. 2007..Our results demonstrate that DHT and its metabolite 5alpha-androstane-3beta,17beta-diol stimulate AVP promoter activity through ERbeta in a neuronal cell line...
- Detection and localization of an estrogen receptor beta splice variant protein (ERbeta2) in the adult female rat forebrain and midbrain regionsWilson C J Chung
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80309 0354, USA
J Comp Neurol 505:249-67. 2007....
- Estrogen regulation of GnRH neurons in male miceToni Pak; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall these studies will provide important information about the mechanisms regulating puberty in male mammals. ..