Affiliation: Colorado State University
- BAT3 regulates Mycobacterium tuberculosis protein ESAT-6-mediated apoptosis of macrophagesAjay Grover
Departments of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e40836. 2012..Taken together, the data suggest that BAT3 plays a role in the early immune response to M. tuberculosis infection and may be a key protein associated with the fate of antigen presenting cells during infection...
- Three protein cocktails mediate delayed-type hypersensitivity responses indistinguishable from that elicited by purified protein derivative in the guinea pig model of Mycobacterium tuberculosis infectionHongliang Yang
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1682, USA
Infect Immun 79:716-23. 2011..The use of this defined product will allow a more thorough understanding of the DTH response and may provide a platform for more rapid and sensitive second-generation skin test reagents for the diagnosis of M. tuberculosis infection...
- HspX-mediated protection against tuberculosis depends on its chaperoning of a mycobacterial moleculeJennifer L Taylor
Department of Microbiology, Mycobacteria Research Laboratories, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1682, USA
Immunol Cell Biol 90:945-54. 2012..These data suggest the possibility that the native form may chaperone an immunogenic and protective antigen that is mycobacteria-specific...
- Assessment of vaccine testing at three laboratories using the guinea pig model of tuberculosisAjay Grover
Colorado State University, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, 1682 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Tuberculosis (Edinb) 92:105-11. 2012..The observations also showed that there was good concurrence between the results of short-term and long-term studies. This validation exercise means that efficacy data can be compared between sites...
- Kinetics of the immune response profile in guinea pigs after vaccination with Mycobacterium bovis BCG and infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosisAjay Grover
Colorado State University, Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, 1682 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Infect Immun 77:4837-46. 2009..Our data suggest that day 40 postinfection may be a pivotal time point in determining vaccine efficacy and prolonged survival and that BCG promotes the capacity of T cells in the lungs to respond to infection...
- Mycobacterial infection induces the secretion of high-mobility group box 1 proteinAjay Grover
Department of Microbiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Cell Microbiol 10:1390-404. 2008..We conclude that HMGB1 is secreted by macrophages during tuberculosis and it may act as a signal of tissue or cellular injury and enhances immune response...