Affiliation: Colorado State University
- Mermithid nematodes found in adult Anopheles from southeastern SenegalKevin C Kobylinski
Arthropod Borne Infectious Disease Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, 1692 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1692, USA
Parasit Vectors 5:131. 2012....
- Ivermectin to reduce malaria transmission: a research agenda for a promising new tool for eliminationCarlos J Chaccour
Internal Medicine Department, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Av, Pio XII 36, Pamplona 31008, Spain
Malar J 12:153. 2013..Ivermectin effectively targets outdoor transmission, has a novel mechanism of action that could circumvent resistance and might be distributed over the channels already in place for the control of onchocerciasis and lymphatic filariasis...
- Ivermectin inhibits the sporogony of Plasmodium falciparum in Anopheles gambiaeKevin C Kobylinski
Entomology Branch, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 503 Robert Grant Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
Malar J 11:381. 2012..gambiae. This study addresses whether ivermectin inhibits sporogony of P. falciparum in An. gambiae...
- Mass drug administration of ivermectin in south-eastern Senegal reduces the survivorship of wild-caught, blood fed malaria vectorsMassamba Sylla
Arthropod Borne and Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Malar J 9:365. 2010..s. are susceptible to ivermectin at concentrations found in human blood post-ingestion of IVM, it is plausible that a similar effect could be quantified in the field, and that IVM might have benefits as a malaria control tool...
- Aedes aegypti uses RNA interference in defense against Sindbis virus infectionCorey L Campbell
Arthropod borne Infectious Diseases Laboratory Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology Department, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA
BMC Microbiol 8:47. 2008..The goal of this study was to use Ae. aegypti as a model system to determine how the mosquito's anti-viral RNAi pathway interacts with recombinant Sindbis virus (SINV; family Togaviridae, genus Alphavirus)...
- Comparative genomics of small RNA regulatory pathway components in vector mosquitoesCorey L Campbell
Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology Department, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
BMC Genomics 9:425. 2008..To do this, we compared the genomic structure of SRRP components across three mosquito species and three major small RNA pathways...
- Development of a new Sindbis virus transducing system and its characterization in three Culicine mosquitoes and two Lepidopteran speciesB D Foy
Arthropod Borne and Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Insect Mol Biol 13:89-100. 2004..5'dsMRE16ic should be a valuable tool for gene expression in several important insect species that are otherwise difficult to manipulate genetically...
- Induction of mosquitocidal activity in mice immunized with Anopheles gambiae midgut cDNAB D Foy
Department of Tropical Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Infect Immun 71:2032-40. 2003..Our results demonstrate that mosquitocidal immunity in mice can be consistently generated by midgut cDNA immunization and suggest this cDNA-induced mosquitocidal immunity is cell mediated...
- Probable non-vector-borne transmission of Zika virus, Colorado, USABrian D Foy
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1692, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 17:880-2. 2011..One of the scientists transmitted this arbovirus to his wife after his return home. Direct contact is implicated as the transmission route, most likely as a sexually transmitted infection...
- Endectocides for malaria controlBrian D Foy
Arthropod Borne and Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1692, USA
Trends Parasitol 27:423-8. 2011..In the near future, ivermectin and other endectocides could serve as potent and novel malaria transmission control tools that are directly linked to the control of neglected tropical diseases in the same communities...
- Development of an orally infectious Sindbis virus transducing system that efficiently disseminates and expresses green fluorescent protein in Aedes aegyptiD J Pierro
Arthropod Borne and Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Insect Mol Biol 12:107-16. 2003....
- Infection patterns of o'nyong nyong virus in the malaria-transmitting mosquito, Anopheles gambiaeA C Brault
Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO 80522, USA
Insect Mol Biol 13:625-35. 2004..Viruses that can express a heterologous gene in a vector and rapidly and efficiently infect numerous tissues in An. gambiae mosquitoes will be a valuable asset in parasite-mosquito interaction and interference research...
- Enrichment of a single clone from a high diversity library of phage-displayed antibodies by panning with Anopheles gambiae (Diptera: Culicidae) midgut homogenateG F Killeen
Department of Tropical Medicine, Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, 1430 Tulane Avenue SL29A, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Bull Entomol Res 93:31-7. 2003....
- The availability of potential hosts as a determinant of feeding behaviours and malaria transmission by African mosquito populationsG F Killeen
Department of Tropical Medicine, School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, Center for Infectious Diseases, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 95:469-76. 2001..Mathematical models based on this definition also represent promising tools for quantifying the dependence of vector longevity, feeding cycle length and dispersal upon host availability...
- Mosquito Immunity to AlphavirusesBrian Foy; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Characterize the mechanisms that Culex tritaeniorhynchus mosquitoes use to clear Sindbis virus-infected midgut cells. ..