Corey L Campbell
Affiliation: Colorado State University
- Culture-independent analysis of midgut microbiota in the arbovirus vector Culicoides sonorensis (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae)Corey L Campbell
USDA ARS, Arthropod Borne Animal Diseases Research Laboratory, College of Agriculture, Department 3354, 1000 E University Ave, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
J Med Entomol 41:340-8. 2004..sonorensis, laboratory-emerged C. sonorensis, and laboratory-emerged C. variipennis...
- RNA-seq analyses of blood-induced changes in gene expression in the mosquito vector species, Aedes aegyptiMariangela Bonizzoni
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
BMC Genomics 12:82. 2011..The mosquito Aedes aegypti (Diptera, Culicidae), a vector of Dengue viruses, Yellow Fever Virus (YFV) and Chikungunya virus (CV), is the subject of this study to look at genome-wide changes in gene expression following a blood meal...
- Aedes aegypti uses RNA interference in defense against Sindbis virus infectionCorey L Campbell
Arthropod borne Infectious Diseases Laboratory Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology Department, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, USA
BMC Microbiol 8:47. 2008..The goal of this study was to use Ae. aegypti as a model system to determine how the mosquito's anti-viral RNAi pathway interacts with recombinant Sindbis virus (SINV; family Togaviridae, genus Alphavirus)...
- Comparative genomics of small RNA regulatory pathway components in vector mosquitoesCorey L Campbell
Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology Department, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
BMC Genomics 9:425. 2008..To do this, we compared the genomic structure of SRRP components across three mosquito species and three major small RNA pathways...
- A role for endosomal proteins in alphavirus dissemination in mosquitoesC L Campbell
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Insect Mol Biol 20:429-36. 2011..Common CREs at the 5'-end genomic regions of a subset of enriched transcripts support the hypothesis that UNC93A transcription may be co-regulated with that of other ion transport and endosomal trafficking proteins...
- Small RNA profiling of Dengue virus-mosquito interactions implicates the PIWI RNA pathway in anti-viral defenseAnn M Hess
Department of Statistics, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
BMC Microbiol 11:45. 2011..aegypti, we deep-sequenced small non-coding RNAs. Triplicate biological replicates were used so that rigorous statistical metrics could be applied...
- Comparison of dengue virus type 2-specific small RNAs from RNA interference-competent and -incompetent mosquito cellsJaclyn C Scott
Arthropod Borne and Infectious Diseases Laboratory, Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 4:e848. 2010....
- A positively selected mutation in the WNV 2K peptide confers resistance to superinfection exclusion in vivoCorey L Campbell
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Pathology, Arthropod borne Infectious Diseases Laboratory Colorado State University, Campus Delivery 1692, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Virology 464:228-32. 2014..These data support observations that 2K-V9M confers a context-specific selective advantage in mosquitoes and provides an in vivo mechanism for its positive selection. ..