Genomes and Genes
M W Wooten
Affiliation: College of Veterinary Medicine
- Nerve growth factor stimulates multisite tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of the atypical protein kinase C's via a src kinase pathwayM W Wooten
Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, 331 Funchess Hall, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:8414-27. 2001..In summary, we have identified a novel mechanism for NGF-induced activation of atypical PKC involving tyrosine phosphorylation by c-Src...
- Transport of protein kinase C isoforms to the nucleus of PC12 cells by nerve growth factor: association of atypical zeta-PKC with the nuclear matrixM W Wooten
Department of Zoology, Auburn University, Alabama 36849, USA
J Neurosci Res 49:393-403. 1997..Taken together, these findings suggest that zeta-PKC may be involved in the regulation of nuclear processes...
- Delta-protein kinase C phosphorylation parallels inhibition of nerve growth factor-induced differentiation independent of changes in Trk A and MAP kinase signalling in PC12 cellsM W Wooten
Department of Zoology, Auburn University, AL 36849
Cell Signal 10:265-76. 1998..Moreover, these data reveal the existence of a signalling pathway independent of MAP kinase that affects NGF differentiation in a negative fashion...
- Mapping of atypical protein kinase C within the nerve growth factor signaling cascade: relationship to differentiation and survival of PC12 cellsM W Wooten
Department of Biological Sciences, Program in Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Auburn University, AL 36849, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:4494-504. 2000..On the basis of these findings, Src emerges as a critical upstream regulator of both PKC-iota and the NF-kappaB pathway...
- Nerve growth factor stimulates the interaction of ZIP/p62 with atypical protein kinase C and targets endosomal localization: evidence for regulation of nerve growth factor-induced differentiationI S Samuels
Department of Biological Sciences, Program in Cellular and Molecular Biosciences, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849, USA
J Cell Biochem 82:452-66. 2001..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that ZIP/p62 acts as a shuttling protein involved in routing activated aPKC to an endosomal compartment and is required for mediating NGF's biological properties...
- Overexpression of atypical PKC in PC12 cells enhances NGF-responsiveness and survival through an NF-kappaB dependent pathwayM W Wooten
Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, Alabama, USA
Cell Death Differ 6:753-64. 1999..Collectively, these findings demonstrate that atypical PKC-iota lies in a pathway that regulates NF-kappaB and contributes to both neurotrophin-mediated differentiation and survival signaling...
- Identification of Src as a novel atypical protein kinase C-interacting proteinM L Seibenhener
Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, Alabama 36849, USA
Mol Cell Biol Res Commun 2:28-31. 1999..Taken together, these findings support a novel role for the interaction of src and atypical PKC in vivo, which is dependent upon the activity of src and the tyrosine phosphorylation state of PKC-zeta...
- A role for zeta protein kinase C in nerve growth factor-induced differentiation of PC12 cellsM W Wooten
Department of Zoology, Auburn University, Alabama 36849
Cell Growth Differ 5:395-403. 1994..In addition, the zeta-pseudosubstrate peptide inhibited NGF-induced activation of PKC-zeta.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Atypical PKC zeta is activated by ceramide, resulting in coactivation of NF-kappaB/JNK kinase and cell survivalY M Wang
Department of Zoology, Auburn University, Alabama, USA
J Neurosci Res 55:293-302. 1999..These findings support a role for ceramide-induced PKC zeta activity in the control of cell survival signaling via a pathway that also activates JNK kinase...
- Modulation of zeta-protein kinase C by cyclic AMP in PC12 cells occurs through phosphorylation by protein kinase AM W Wooten
Department of Zoology, Auburn University, AL 36849-5414, USA
J Neurochem 67:1023-31. 1996..Taken together, these findings are consistent with the hypothesis that protein phosphorylation of PKC acts as a positive effector of its enzyme activity and may serve as a negative modulator for interaction with other proteins...
- The atypical protein kinase C-interacting protein p62 is a scaffold for NF-kappaB activation by nerve growth factorM W Wooten
Department of Biological Sciences, Program in Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849, USA
J Biol Chem 276:7709-12. 2001..Moreover, we demonstrated that p62 serves as a scaffold for activation of the NF-kappaB pathway, which mediates NGF survival and differentiation responses...
- Nucleolin is a protein kinase C-zeta substrate. Connection between cell surface signaling and nucleus in PC12 cellsG Zhou
Department of Zoology, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849 5414, USA
J Biol Chem 272:31130-7. 1997..Taken together, the findings presented herein document that nucleolin is a target of PKC-zeta that serves to relay NGF signals from cell surface to nucleus in PC12 cells...
- Purification and characterization of a novel protamine kinase in HL60 cellsY Soh
Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
J Biochem 127:95-103. 2000..These results suggest that protamine kinase in HL60 cells is involved in the late stage of the macrophage-monocytic differentiation pathway and may play a role in maintenance of the differentiation after HL60 cells are committed...
- The role of ubiquitin in neurotrophin receptor signalling and sortingM W Wooten
Program in Cellular and Molecular Biosciences, Department of Biological Sciences, 331 Funchess Hall, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 34:757-60. 2006..Altogether, these findings reveal Lys63-linked polyubiquitin chains and the shuttling protein p62 co-ordinately regulate TrkA internalization, trafficking and sorting...
- Function for NF-kB in neuronal survival: regulation by atypical protein kinase CM W Wooten
Department of Biological Sciences, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, USA
J Neurosci Res 58:607-11. 1999..Moreover, atypical protein kinase (aPKC) has been shown to play a novel role in modulating the NF-kB pathway. In this review, I focus on neurons and the factors that contribute to regulation of NF-kB via aPKC...
- Identification of a major endogenous substrate for phospholipid/Ca2+-dependent kinase in pancreatic acini as Gc (vitamin D-binding protein)M W Wooten
FEBS Lett 191:97-101. 1985..These findings indicate the potential usefulness of Gc as a defined substrate for further studies of the biological role of C-kinase activity in pancreatic acini and possibly in other cells...