Kurt A Wargo
Affiliation: College of Veterinary Medicine
- Comparison of the modification of diet in renal disease and Cockcroft-Gault equations for antimicrobial dosage adjustmentsKurt A Wargo
Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn University, Huntsville, AL 35801, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1248-53. 2006....
- A possible case of saw palmetto-induced pancreatitisKurt A Wargo
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn, AL, USA
South Med J 103:683-5. 2010..It is important for clinicians to obtain detailed medication histories, including over-the-counter and herbal medications, in order to prevent further complications from occurring...
- A case of Streptococcus intermedius empyemaKurt A Wargo
Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn University, Huntsville, AL, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1208-10. 2006..To report a case of empyema caused by Streptococcus intermedius as a complication of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)...
- Cannabinoid-induced pancreatitis: a case seriesKurt A Wargo
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn, AL, USA
JOP 8:579-83. 2007..While drugs, in general, account for 2% of all the causes of acute pancreatitis, we add to the literature three additional cases of cannabis-induced pancreatitis...
- Evaluation of the chronic kidney disease epidemiology collaboration equation for dosing antimicrobialsKurt A Wargo
Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:439-46. 2010..Therefore, questions exist about which method should be preferred in making dosage adjustments for renally eliminated antimicrobials...
- A comprehensive review of the loop diuretics: should furosemide be first line?Kurt A Wargo
Division of Internal Medicine, Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, University of Alabama at Birmingham Huntsville Regional Medical Campus, Huntsville, AL, USA
Ann Pharmacother 43:1836-47. 2009..To review the literature regarding the pharmacokinetic profiles, comparative safety and efficacy, and comparative costs of loop diuretics to evaluate the current clinical usefulness of furosemide...
- Mitiglinide: a novel agent for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitusHaley M Phillippe
Auburn University, AL, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:1615-23. 2010..To review the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, efficacy, and safety of mitiglinide, a rapid-acting insulin secretion-stimulating agent to determine its potential role in therapy for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Efungumab: a novel agent in the treatment of invasive candidiasisRakhi Karwa
Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, University of South Alabama, Health Services Building, Ste 2100, Mobile, AL 36688
Ann Pharmacother 43:1818-23. 2009..To review the use of efungumab as an adjunctive agent in the treatment of invasive candidiasis (IC) and to provide guidance on formulary placement...
- Rifampin-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpuraRahul Gupta
Ann Pharmacother 39:1761-2. 2005
- Appropriate antimicrobial therapy for community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carrying the Panton-Valentine leukocidin genesKurt A Wargo
Clin Infect Dis 40:1376-8; author reply 1378-9. 2005