Affiliation: College of Nursing
- Methods of measuring insulin sensitivityKimberly K Trout
Villanova University College of Nursing, Villanova, Pennsylvania 19085, USA
Biol Res Nurs 8:305-18. 2007..This article describes several in vivo methods used to assess insulin sensitivity and presents the advantages and disadvantages of each...
- Insulin sensitivity, food intake, and cravings with premenstrual syndrome: a pilot studyKimberly K Trout
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:657-65. 2008..The objective of this pilot study was to evaluate possible differences in insulin sensitivity, food intake, and cravings between the follicular and luteal phases of the menstrual cycle in women with premenstrual syndrome (PMS)...
- Promoting breastfeeding among obese women and women with gestational diabetes mellitusKimberly K Trout
Villanova University College of Nursing, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085, USA
Curr Diab Rep 11:7-12. 2011....
- Menstrual cycle effects on insulin sensitivity in women with type 1 diabetes: a pilot studyKimberly K Trout
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 9:176-82. 2007..This pilot study's objective was to evaluate possible differences in insulin sensitivity between follicular and luteal phases in women with type 1 diabetes...
- Insulin sensitivity and premenstrual syndromeKimberly K Trout
Monell Chemical Senses Center, 3500 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Curr Diab Rep 4:273-80. 2004..Treatment of PMS with serotonin reuptake inhibitors may alleviate the symptoms of PMS, as well as improve insulin sensitivity and help regulate blood glucose levels...