Gordon S Sacks
Affiliation: College of Veterinary Medicine
- Frequency and severity of harm of medication errors related to the parenteral nutrition process in a large university teaching hospitalGordon S Sacks
Division of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:966-74. 2009..To determine the frequency of medication errors, as well as the severity of harm resulting from these errors, related to the prescription, transcription, preparation, and administration of parenteral nutrition formulations...
- Safety surrounding parenteral nutrition systemsGordon S Sacks
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama 36849, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 36:20S-22S. 2012..Because of the lack of published literature about PN errors, a formal study was conducted to document the nature and severity of harm resulting from medication errors during the PN process...
- Effect of glutamine-supplemented parenteral nutrition on mortality in critically ill patientsGordon S Sacks
Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 26:44-7. 2011....
- Controversy of immunonutrition for surgical critical-illness patientsGordon S Sacks
Division of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin 53792-7275, USA
Curr Opin Crit Care 9:300-5. 2003..Decreased infectious complications were also observed in critically ill patients receiving immune-enhancing diets. Accumulating evidence supports the use of immune-enhancing diets in these specific patient populations...
- Joint Commission for Accreditation of Health Care Organizations guidelines: too late to intervene for nutritionally at-risk surgical patientsKenneth A Kudsk
Department of Surgery, Medical School, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 27:288-90. 2003..This study examines whether these guidelines detect surgical patients who may benefit from preoperative nutrition support...
- Use of parenteral nutrition in patients receiving isolated kidney or simultaneous pancreas/kidney transplantationGordon S Sacks
Division of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, 53705, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 31:8-11. 2007..There is little information available on the use of parenteral nutrition (PN) in patients after a kidney (KID) or simultaneous pancreas-kidney (SPK) transplantation. This study examined the indications and use of PN in these patients...
- Sterility of pediatric lipid emulsions repackaged by an automated compounding deviceJoseph V Ybarra
Auburn University, James I Harrison School of Pharmacy, Auburn, Alabama 36849, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 35:391-4. 2011..This study investigates the sterility of small volumes of IVLE that have been repackaged into empty IV bags by means of an automated compounding device (ACD)...
- Compounding parenteral nutrition: reducing the risksCaitlin Curtis
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Department of Pharmacy, 600 Highland Avenue, CSC 1530 F6 133, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 24:441-6. 2009..This article is an overview of United States Pharmacopeia Chapter <797>, with special emphasis on parenteral nutrition...