Affiliation: College of Nursing
- Maximizing stroke recovery using patient self-care self-efficacyGale Robinson-Smith
Villanova University College of Nursing, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085, USA
Rehabil Nurs 28:48-51. 2003..The use of self-care self-efficacy techniques by nurses helps to motivate patients to succeed in their self-care after stroke...
- Verbal indicators of depression in conversations with stroke survivorsGale Robinson-Smith
Villanova University College of Nursing, Villanova, PA, USA
Perspect Psychiatr Care 40:61-9. 2004..Stroke survivors' depressive comments were matched with items of two well-established depression instruments...
- Recognizing involuntary emotional expression disorderGale Robinson-Smith
Villanova University s College of Nursing, Villanova, PA, USA
J Neurosci Nurs 39:202-7. 2007..As patient advocates, neuroscience nurses are in a unique position to identify and assess such patients and to effectively guide patients and families in the management of this condition...
- Disability-related content in nursing textbooksSuzanne C Smeltzer
Center for Nursing Research, Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 31:148-55. 2010..The large and growing population of 60 million individuals with disabilities mandates this action...
- Integration of disability-related content in nursing curriculaSuzanne C Smeltzer
Villanova University College of Nursing, Pennsylvania, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 26:210-6. 2005..Barriers to including disability-related content were lack of time and lack of faculty interest or expertise. These findings can serve as a stimulus to increase the extent and breadth of disability-related issues in nursing curricula...
- Strategies used by clinical nurse specialists in "difficult" clinician-patient situationsZane Robinson Wolf
La Salle University School of Nursing and Health Sciences, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 21:74-84. 2007..Respect for the patient and ability to focus on the issue at hand emerged in the highest reported strategies...
- Prayer after stroke. Its relationship to quality of lifeGale Robinson-Smith
Villanova University, USA
J Holist Nurs 20:352-66. 2002..Potential strategies are suggested for nurses that address patients' spiritual needs...