Robert J Coffey
- Not all intrathecal catheter tip MRI findings are inflammatory massesRobert J Coffey
Anesth Analg 104:1600-2; author reply 1602. 2007
- Neurostimulation for chronic noncancer pain: an evaluation of the clinical evidence and recommendations for future trial designsRobert J Coffey
Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Neurosurg 105:175-89. 2006..In light of the risks, efforts, costs, and expectations associated with neurostimulation therapies, a careful reexamination of the methods used to gather evidence for this treatment's long-term efficacy is in order...
- Medical practice perspective: identification and mitigation of risk factors for mortality associated with intrathecal opioids for non-cancer painRobert J Coffey
Medtronic Inc, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55432, USA
Pain Med 11:1001-9. 2010..Both of those objectives involve judgments, which may be controversial and are subject to practical limitations...
- Mortality associated with implantation and management of intrathecal opioid drug infusion systems to treat noncancer painRobert J Coffey
Divisions of Neuromodulation Clinical Research, Regulatory Vigilance, and Biostatistics, Medtronic Inc, 7000 Central Avenue NE, Minneapolis, MN 55432, USA
Anesthesiology 111:881-91. 2009..The authors performed investigations to quantify that mortality and compare the results to control populations, including spinal cord stimulation and low back surgery...
- Intrathecal gabapentin to treat chronic intractable noncancer painRichard Rauck
Center for Clinical Research, LLC, Carolinas Pain Institute PA, Winston Salem, North Carolina Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, Minnesota Medical Pain Clinics, Minneapolis, Minnesota Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of California San Diego Medical Center, Pain Medicine, San Diego, California Lifetree Clinical Research and Pain Clinic, Salt Lake City, Utah Napa Pain Institute, Napa, California
Anesthesiology 119:675-86. 2013..Its nonopioid properties and presumed spinal site of analgesic action made the study on intrathecal gabapentin attractive to establish the minimum effective dose for a later, pivotal trial...
- Cerebrospinal fluid pressure measurement in the ovine intrathecal space: a preliminary study towards the diagnosis of intrathecal drug administration catheter dislodgement or occlusionRobert J Coffey
Neuromodulation Clinical and Emerging Therapies, Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, Minn, USA robert coffey medtronic com
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 88:337-44. 2010..We determined that normal baseline intrathecal cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) pressure recordings could be obtained in an ovine model and in a catheter dislodgement scenario...
- Deep brain stimulation devices: a brief technical history and reviewRobert J Coffey
Medtronic, Inc, 7000 Central Avenue NE, Minneapolis, MN 55432, USA
Artif Organs 33:208-20. 2009..We will briefly review the history and present status of DBS from a technical and device-oriented perspective, with an eye toward future advances...
- Inflammatory mass lesions associated with intrathecal drug infusion catheters: report and observations on 41 patientsRobert J Coffey
Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Neurosurgery 50:78-86; discussion 86-7. 2002..We evaluated the number of patients reported with this condition and whether data support hypotheses that have been put forth regarding the cause of these lesions...
- Prevention and management of intrathecal drug delivery and spinal cord stimulation system infectionsKenneth A Follett
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, 52242, USA
Anesthesiology 100:1582-94. 2004
- "Marchand S, Kupers RC, Bushnell MC, Duncan GH. Analgesic and placebo effects of thalamic stimulation. Pain 2003;105:481-8"Robert J Coffey
Pain 109:522-3; author reply 523-4. 2004
- Re: Neurostimulation system used for deep brain stimulation (DBS): MR safety issues and implications of failing to follow safety recommendationsRobert J Coffey
Invest Radiol 39:304. 2004