B S Coates
- Mobilizing the genome of Lepidoptera through novel sequence gains and end creation by non-autonomous Lep1 HelitronsBrad S Coates
1USDA ARS, Corn Insect and Crop Genetics Research Unit, 113 Genetics Laboratory, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
DNA Res 19:11-21. 2012..These findings are important in understanding the structural requirements of genomic DNA sequences that are acquired and transposed by Helitron-like TEs...
- A novel class of miniature inverted repeat transposable elements (MITEs) that contain hitchhiking (GTCY)(n) microsatellitesB S Coates
USDA ARS, Corn Insects and Crop Genetics Research Unit, Genetics Laboratory, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Insect Mol Biol 20:15-27. 2011..Transfection of insect cell lines indicates that MITE-like secondary structures are sufficient to mediate genome integration, and provides insight into the transposition mechanism used by MINE-2s...
- A single major QTL controls expression of larval Cry1F resistance trait in Ostrinia nubilalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) and is independent of midgut receptor genesBrad S Coates
USDA ARS, Corn Insects and Crop Genetics Research Unit, Genetics Laboratory, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Genetica 139:961-72. 2011..Evidence suggests that genes within this genome interval may give rise to a novel Bt toxin resistance trait for Lepidoptera that appears independent of known receptor-based mechanisms of resistance...
- Mining an Ostrinia nubilalis midgut expressed sequence tag (EST) library for candidate genes and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)B S Coates
USDA ARS, Corn Insect and Crop Genetics Research Unit, Genetics Laboratory, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Insect Mol Biol 17:607-20. 2008..This O. nubilalis larval midgut EST collection is a resource for gene discovery, expression information, and allelic variation for use in genetic marker development...
- Sequence variation in trypsin- and chymotrypsin-like cDNAs from the midgut of Ostrinia nubilalis: methods for allelic differentiation of candidate Bacillus thuringiensis resistance genesB S Coates
USDA ARS, Corn Insects and Crop Genetics Research Unit, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Insect Mol Biol 15:13-24. 2006..RT-PCR indicated all transcripts are expressed in the midgut. Mendelian-inherited genomic markers for loci OnT23, OnT3 and OnC1 will be useful for association of alleles with bioassayed Bt toxin resistance phenotypes...