Carl V Tyler
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Nursing perspectives on cancer screening in adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilitiesCarl V Tyler
Department of Family Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Intellect Dev Disabil 48:271-7. 2010..The authors suggest interventions to improve cancer screening centered around education and training, accessibility, financing-insurance, modification of procedures, and patient tracking...
- Chronic disease risks in young adults with autism spectrum disorder: forewarned is forearmedCarl V Tyler
Case Western Reserve University, OH, USA
Am J Intellect Dev Disabil 116:371-80. 2011..0, confidence interval = 1.2-3.4, p = .012). Without intervention, adults with autism spectrum disorder appear to be at significant risk for developing diabetes, coronary heart disease, and cancer by midlife...
- Physicians underestimate calcium intake in womenSandra M Snyder
Department of Family Medicine, Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Fam Med 42:428-32. 2010..We compared the accuracy of physician estimates to a validated calcium intake measure and characterized women whose intakes were incorrectly deemed inadequate by physicians...
- Calcium supplement use by African American womenCarl V Tyler
Department of Family Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, OH 44111, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:588-92. 2009..This study examined the patterns and characteristics associated with calcium supplement use or nonuse among African American women, and the potential impact of physician recommendation on calcium supplementation...
- Geriatrician training in the care of elders with intellectual and other developmental disabilitiesCarl V Tyler
Department of Family Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA carl tyler fairviewhospital org
Gerontol Geriatr Educ 30:332-40. 2009..We report our survey findings and implications for future curricular development...
- Barriers to supplemental calcium use among women in suburban family practice: a report from the Cleveland Clinic Ambulatory Research Network (CleAR-eN)Carl V Tyler
Department of Family Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44111, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 21:293-9. 2008....
- Environmental health and developmental disabilities: a life span approachCarl V Tyler
Cleveland Clinic Ambulatory Research Network, Department of Family Medicine Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44111, USA
Fam Community Health 31:287-304. 2008..In particular, we focus on ways that families, communities, and health professionals can prevent both primary and secondary disabilities through better awareness of common environmental health issues...
- Cancer risk assessment: examining the family physician's roleCarl V Tyler
Fairview Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Family Medicine Residency Program, Department of Family Medicine, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44111, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 19:468-77. 2006..The purpose of this study was to examine these 4 components of primary care cancer risk assessment using data abstracted from patient records at an academic family medicine center...