Khaldoun G Tarakji
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Cardiac implantable electronic device infections: presentation, management, and patient outcomesKhaldoun G Tarakji
Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Heart Rhythm 7:1043-7. 2010..Indications for cardiac implantable electronic devices (CIEDs) are increasing. Although CIED infections occur infrequently, the impact of this outcome is expected to be substantial...
- Management of cardiac implantable electronic device infections: the challenges of understanding the scope of the problem and its associated mortalityKhaldoun G Tarakji
Section of Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology, Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue J2 2, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 11:607-16. 2013....
- Long-term outcomes and clinical predictors for pacemaker-requiring bradyarrhythmias after cardiac transplantation: analysis of the UNOS/OPTN cardiac transplant databaseDaniel J Cantillon
Cardiovascular Medicine Electrophysiology, Cleveland Clinic, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Heart Rhythm 7:1567-71. 2010..Pacemaker-requiring bradyarrhythmias after cardiac transplantation are common, and rarely can lead to sudden cardiac death. Prior outcomes studies have been limited to single-center data...
- Incidence, management, and outcomes of the arteriovenous fistula complicating transvenous lead extractionEdmond M Cronin
Section of Electrophysiology and Pacing, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland, Ohio
Heart Rhythm 11:404-11. 2014..An arteriovenous (AV) fistula is an infrequently reported complication of transvenous lead extraction (TLE), but may be under-recognized...
- Improved survival among ventricular assist device recipients with a concomitant implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorDaniel J Cantillon
Cleveland Clinic, Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Heart Rhythm 7:466-71. 2010..It is unknown whether implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) detection and therapy can extend survival in the VAD population...
- Transvenous extraction of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leads under advisory--a comparison of Riata, Sprint Fidelis, and non-recalled implantable cardioverter-defibrillator leadsMichael P Brunner
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
Heart Rhythm 10:1444-50. 2013..Comparative safety and efficacy associated with transvenous lead extraction (TLE) of recalled and non-recalled implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) leads has not been well characterized...
- Temporal onset, risk factors, and outcomes associated with stroke after coronary artery bypass graftingKhaldoun G Tarakji
Heart and Vascular Institute, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
JAMA 305:381-90. 2011..Stroke is a devastating and potentially preventable complication of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery. Better understanding of the timing and risk factors for stroke associated with CABG are needed...