Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Neuromuscular transmission failure in myasthenia gravis: decrement of safety factor and susceptibility of extraocular musclesAlessandro Serra
Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1275:129-35. 2012....
- Factors contributing to failure of neuromuscular transmission in myasthenia gravis and the special case of the extraocular musclesAlessandro Serra
Neurology Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1233:26-33. 2011..Initial conjugacy of saccades in MG reflects selective sparing of neuromuscular transmission of fast, pale global fibers, which have better developed postsynaptic folding...
- Critical role of cerebellar fastigial nucleus in programming sequences of saccadesSusan A King
Veterans Affairs and Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1233:155-61. 2011..Our results support the crucial role of the cerebellum, especially FOR, in programming sequences of saccades...
- The role of the medial longitudinal fasciculus in horizontal gaze: tests of current hypotheses for saccade-vergence interactionsAthena L Chen
Department of Neurology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, USA
Exp Brain Res 208:335-43. 2011..These findings support the hypothesis that horizontal saccades are governed by disjunctive signals, preceded by an initial, high-acceleration conjugate transient and followed by a slower vergence component...
- Effects of cerebellar disease on sequences of rapid eye movementsSusan King
Department of Neurology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5040, United States
Vision Res 51:1064-74. 2011....
- Conjugacy of horizontal saccades: application of binocular phase planesAlessandro Serra
Daroff Dell Osso Laboratory, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Prog Brain Res 171:571-4. 2008..We conclude that binocular phase planes supplement conventional measures of saccades, such as peak velocity, and are useful to differentiate INO and cranial nerve palsies from myasthenia...
- Exacerbation of myasthenia gravis with voriconazoleRaed Azzam
Neuromuscular Center, Department of Neurology and Neurological Institute, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 5098, USA
Muscle Nerve 47:928-30. 2013..We describe a patient with stable generalized myasthenia gravis who presented with new onset severe ophthalmoplegia and ptosis after initiation of voriconazole for aspergillosis...
- Changes in dynamic and kinematic properties of saccades in ocular myasthenia following intravenous immunoglobulin treatmentAlessandro Serra
The Daroff Dell Osso Ocular Motility Laboratory, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1164:468-71. 2009..Involvement of other extraocular muscle-fiber types leads to limited range of eye movements and an increase in the thickness of Listing's plane...
- Disorders of vergence eye movementsAlessandro Serra
Neurology Department, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University Hospitals, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 24:32-7. 2011..The aim is to re-interpret disorders of vergence in the light of recent studies that view disjunctive eye movements as but one component of three-dimensional gaze control...