Madhusudhan R Sanaka
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Diagnostic and therapeutic yield is not influenced by the timing of small-bowel enteroscopy: morning versus afternoonMadhusudhan R Sanaka
Department of Gastroenterology, Digestive Disease Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 77:62-70. 2013..Small-bowel enteroscopies (BEs) are tedious and prolonged, and their efficacy may be affected by the timing of procedures...
- Antegrade is more effective than retrograde enteroscopy for evaluation and management of suspected small-bowel diseaseMadhusudhan R Sanaka
Department of Gastroenterology, Digestive Disease Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 10:910-6. 2012..Antegrade and retrograde enteroscopy are useful for evaluating the proximal and distal small bowel, respectively. We compared the diagnostic yield, therapeutic yield, and complications of antegrade and retrograde enteroscopy...
- Adenomas are detected more often in morning than in afternoon colonoscopyMadhusudhan R Sanaka
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 104:1659-64; quiz 1665. 2009..Physician fatigue, which usually increases as the day progresses, might impair ADR. The aim of this study is to assess the effect of timing of colonoscopy, morning vs. afternoon, on ADR...
- Effect of the time of day on the success and adverse events of ERCPParesh P Mehta
Department of Internal Medicine, Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 74:303-8. 2011..ERCP is a technically demanding and highly operator-dependent procedure, and its success may similarly be affected in the afternoon compared with the morning...
- A comparison of high-definition versus conventional colonoscopes for polyp detectionCarol A Burke
Gastroenterology and Hepatology A 30, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Dig Dis Sci 55:1716-20. 2010..The impact of these innovations on enhancing the detection of clinically important colonic lesions or over detection of clinically insignificant colonic lesions is not well established...
- Delay in performing ERCP and adverse events increase the 30-day readmission risk in patients with acute cholangitisUdayakumar Navaneethan
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 78:81-90. 2013..Readmission to the hospital within 30 days of discharge (30-day readmission rate) is used as a quality measure...
- The clinical utility of single-balloon enteroscopy: a single-center experience of 172 proceduresBennie R Upchurch
Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 71:1218-23. 2010..Although there is substantial literature addressing double-balloon enteroscopy and its impact on the diagnosis and management of small-bowel disease, there are limited data available on the clinical utility of SBE...
- Capnographic monitoring of respiratory activity improves safety of sedation for endoscopic cholangiopancreatography and ultrasonographyMohammed A Qadeer
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Gastroenterology 136:1568-76; quiz 1819-20. 2009..We sought to determine whether intervention, based on a microstream capnography-based ventilation monitoring system that has been shown to function as an early warning system for hypoxemia, would decrease hypoxemia during endoscopy...
- Therapeutic management options for patients with obscure gastrointestinal bleedingGursimran S Kochhar
Department of Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Therap Adv Gastroenterol 5:71-81. 2012..In this paper, we review the various diagnostic and therapeutic options available for the management of patients with OGIB...
- Afternoon colonoscopies have higher failure rates than morning colonoscopiesMadhusudhan R Sanaka
Division of Gastroenterology, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:2726-30. 2006..In addition, inadequate bowel preparation has been reported in procedures scheduled later in the day. Operator fatigue, which tends to be higher as the day passes on, may also impact colonoscopy completion rate...