Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Which children and adults should receive the chickenpox vaccine?Camille Sabella
Division of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, The Children s Hospital at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 69:1000-1. 2002..Chickenpox vaccine is safe and effective and elicits long-standing immunity. Primary care physicians caring for children and adults should be aware of its benefits...
- Pertussis: old foe, persistent problemCamille Sabella
Division of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, The Children s Hospital, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 72:601-8. 2005..Immunization programs are being considered for adolescents and for adults who live with or care for infants...
- Measles: not just a childhood rashCamille Sabella
Center for Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Cleveland Clinic Children s Hospital, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 77:207-13. 2010..These trends underscore the need for high overall measles vaccination coverage, and for physicians to entertain the diagnosis of measles in adult patients with a febrile illness and rash...
- Outbreak of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization and infection in a neonatal intensive care unit epidemiologically linked to a healthcare worker with chronic otitisMary L Bertin
Department of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Division of Nursing, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 27:581-5. 2006..To describe the investigation and interventions necessary to contain an outbreak of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) colonization and infection in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)...
- Holocord spinal epidural abscessPartha Sekhar Ghosh
Pediatric Hospital Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Child Neurol 24:768-71. 2009..At 3 months follow-up, no neurological deficits were present. Only a few case reports of holocord epidural abscess in children have been published. We present a case of conservatively treated holocord spinal abscess in an infant...
- Beta-herpesviruses in febrile children with cancerStephanie Yee-Guardino
Cleveland Clinic Children s Hospital, Cleveland, OH, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 14:579-85. 2008..Other HHV-6B-positive children had mild "viral" illnesses, as did a child with primary cytomegalovirus infection. Cytomegalovirus and HHV-6B should be included in the differential diagnosis of febrile disease in children with cancer...