Joshua M Rosenow
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Anatomy and physiology of chronic painJoshua M Rosenow
Section of Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery, S31, Department of Neurosurgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 14:445-62, vii. 2003..This article presents the anatomy and physiology of the pain system along with the neurobiologic changes that occur in the establishment and maintenance of chronic pain states...
- Recovery of pain control by intensive reprogramming after loss of benefit from motor cortex stimulation for neuropathic painJaimie M Henderson
Center for Neurological Restoration, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 82:207-13. 2004..We investigated whether intensive reprogramming could recapture the beneficial effects of MCS...
- Frameless stereotaxy using bone fiducial markers for deep brain stimulationKathryn L Holloway
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical College of Virginia Hospital of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Neurosurg 103:404-13. 2005..The present study was conducted to evaluate the accuracy of a frameless system in routine clinical use...
- Failure modes of spinal cord stimulation hardwareJoshua M Rosenow
Department of Neurosurgery, Feinberg School of Medicine of Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 5:183-90. 2006..The failure modes of the implanted hardware, however, have not been well studied. A better understanding of this could aid in improving the current procedure or designing future devices...
- Deep brain stimulation for movement disordersJoshua M Rosenow
Department of Neurosurgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Neurol Res 26:9-20. 2004..This review will discuss the history of this technology as well as the mechanisms of action, current clinical indications, and future prospects for the treatment of movement disorders...
- Precentral stimulation for chronic painAshwini D Sharan
Department of Neurosurgery, Thomas Jefferson University, 909 Walnut Street, Third Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 14:437-44. 2003..More scientific evidence is warranted to understand the precise mechanisms for this treatment modality. A larger organized clinical trial is desired to establish the efficacy of precentral stimulation...
- The application accuracy of a skull-mounted trajectory guide system for image-guided functional neurosurgeryJaimie M Henderson
Center for Functional and Restorative Neuroscience, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Comput Aided Surg 9:155-60. 2004..We evaluated the application accuracy of a skull-mounted trajectory guide coupled to an optical image-guided surgery system in a laboratory setting...
- Management of cancer painJoshua M Rosenow
JAMA 291:1068; author reply 1068-9. 2004