E S Rome
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Children and adolescents with eating disorders: the state of the artEllen S Rome
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Division of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Pediatrics 111:e98-108. 2003..The working knowledge of pathophysiology, recognition, and management of eating disorders continues to evolve as research in this field continues...
- Eating disordersEllen S Rome
Section of Adolescent Medicine, The Children s Hospital, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, A120, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 30:353-77, vii. 2003..Issues surrounding care of the patient with the female athlete triad, or amenorrhea, osteopenia, and eating disorders, are also discussed...
- Eating disorders in adolescents: position paper of the Society for Adolescent MedicineNeville H Golden
Schneider Children s Hospital, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
J Adolesc Health 33:496-503. 2003
- Knowledge about various contraceptive methods in young women with and without eating disordersCaitlin W Hicks
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Eat Disord 46:171-6. 2013..To determine if young women with eating disorders (EDs) have altered views about the risks/benefits of different forms of birth control than the general population...
- Vulvovaginitis and other common vulvar disorders in childrenEllen S Rome
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine at Case, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Endocr Dev 22:72-83. 2012..A discussion of childhood sexual abuse is beyond the scope of this chapter, with appropriate references available elsewhere. Practical pearls will be offered to make this exam easy for the primary care clinician and/or subspecialist...
- Bone biochemical markers in adolescent girls using either depot medroxyprogesterone acetate or an oral contraceptiveEllen Rome
Children s Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 17:373-7. 2004..To examine the relationship between biochemical markers of bone metabolism and hormonal contraception in adolescents...
- It's a rave new world: rave culture and illicit drug use in the youngE S Rome
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 68:541-50. 2001..Today's widely used drugs, their street names, their effects, and how to manage overdoses are reviewed...
- Eating disorders: uncovering a history of childhood abuse?Ellen S Rome
Children s Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Epidemiology 15:262-3. 2004
- Medical complications of eating disorders: an updateEllen S Rome
Section of Adolescent Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Adolesc Health 33:418-26. 2003
- Bone mineral density in adolescent females using injectable or oral contraceptives: a 24-month prospective studyBarbara A Cromer
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Adolescent Medicine, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
Fertil Steril 90:2060-7. 2008..To determine whether bone mineral density (BMD) is lower in hormonal-contraceptive users than in an untreated comparison group...
- Depot medroxyprogesterone acetate, oral contraceptives and bone mineral density in a cohort of adolescent girlsBarbara A Cromer
Department of Pediatrics, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44109, USA
J Adolesc Health 35:434-41. 2004....
- Double-blinded randomized controlled trial of estrogen supplementation in adolescent girls who receive depot medroxyprogesterone acetate for contraceptionBarbara A Cromer
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:42-7. 2005..The purpose of this clinical trial was to evaluate the effect of estrogen supplementation on bone mineral density in adolescent girls who received depot medroxyprogesterone acetate for contraception...
- The bare bones: how to recognize eating disorder in children and adolescentsEllen S Rome
Indian Pediatr 41:115-8. 2004
- Eating disorders: recognize early to prevent complicationsElizabeth H W Ricanati
Department of General Internal Medicine, The Gault Women s Health and Breast Pavilion, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 72:895-6, 898-900, 902 passim. 2005..Medical therapy includes refeeding, educating, and encouraging the patient; identifying and treating any complications; prescribing an antidepressant agent when indicated; and scheduling frequent follow-up visits to monitor progress...