J J Provencio
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: a model for heart-brain interactionsJ Javier Provencio
Neuroinflammation Research Center, Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 74:S86-90. 2007
- Intracerebral hemorrhage: new challenges and steps forwardJOSE JAVIER PROVENCIO
Cerebrovascular Center, S80, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 24:349-59. 2013..This article discusses the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and current treatment options for patients with ICH. Differences in outcome and treatment between patients taking and not taking anticoagulant therapies are considered. ..
- Inflammation in subarachnoid hemorrhage and delayed deterioration associated with vasospasm: a reviewJ Javier Provencio
Department of Neurology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Acta Neurochir Suppl 115:233-8. 2013..parts of the inflammatory response are involved? (2) When does inflammation occur in SAH? (3) In what compartment of the skull does the inflammation occur, the cerebrospinal fluid and meninges, the cerebral arteries, or the brain itself?..
- Depletion of Ly6G/C(+) cells ameliorates delayed cerebral vasospasm in subarachnoid hemorrhageJ Javier Provencio
Neuroinflammation Research Center, Lerner Research Institute, NB3, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44195, United States
J Neuroimmunol 232:94-100. 2011..Growing evidence supports a role for inflammation in the pathogenesis of DCV. We showed that CSF neutrophils predict which patients will develop DCV...
- CSF neutrophils are implicated in the development of vasospasm in subarachnoid hemorrhageJ J Provencio
NB3, Neuroinflammation Research Center, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Neurocrit Care 12:244-51. 2010..The search for new treatments has focused predominantly on dilating cerebral blood vessels. Growing evidence supports a role for inflammation in its pathogenesis but no potential target for intervention has emerged...
- Prehemorrhage statin use and the risk of vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhageShaye I Moskowitz
Department of Neurosurgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surg Neurol 71:311-7, discussion 317-8. 2009..This study was designed to assess whether a history of prior use of statin therapy was associated with a lower risk of vasospasm in patients with SAH...
- A novel method for subarachnoid hemorrhage to induce vasospasm in miceTamer Altay
Neuroinflammation Research Center, Lerner Research Institute, NB3 107, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Neurosci Methods 183:136-40. 2009..In this study, we report a reproducible and technically feasible method to induce SAH, and subsequently CVs, in mice. We tested this model in multiple strains of mice that are commonly used for genetic manipulation...
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage and inflammation: bench to bedside and backJ Javier Provencio
Department of Neurosciences, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Semin Neurol 25:435-44. 2005..More study is needed to determine which specific effectors in the inflammatory cascade may serve as targets for intervention...
- Inflammation as a link between brain injury and heart damage: the model of subarachnoid hemorrhageHazem Antar Mashaly
Neuroinflammation Research Center, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 75:S26-30. 2008..We have developed a novel murine model of SAH to explore these potential inflammatory underpinnings of cardiac damage in SAH...
- Ventriculo-lumbar perfusion in acute ischemic strokeRodney D Bell
Thomas Jefferson University Medical College, Department of Neurology, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Neurocrit Care 5:21-9. 2006....
- The role of neutrophils in SAHJOSE PROVENCIO; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal and the educational components included form the basis for Dr. Provencio to develop into an independent physician-scientist. ..