V K Podichetty
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- The aging spine: the role of inflammatory mediators in intervertebral disc degenerationVinod K Podichetty
Research Studies and Edu, Spine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Florida, Weston, FL 33331, USA
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 53:4-18. 2007..It is hypothesized that the degenerative cascade ultimately leads to extensive structural defects and loss of normal motion segment function and configuration...
- Assessment of internet use and effects among healthcare professionals: a cross sectional surveyV K Podichetty
Spine Research and Education, Cleveland Clinic Florida, USA
Postgrad Med J 82:274-9. 2006..In contrast physicians' perspective on evolving internet environment is lacking. The purpose of this study is to assess and correlate the extent of internet use among healthcare professionals and examine its effects on clinical practice...
- Minimally invasive microendoscopy-assisted transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion with instrumentationRobert E Isaacs
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 3:98-105. 2005....
- Thoracic microendoscopic discectomy: a human cadaver studyRobert E Isaacs
Spine Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:1226-31. 2005..Feasibility analysis of percutaneous posterolateral thoracic microendoscopic discectomy in a human cadaver model...
- Effectiveness of salmon calcitonin nasal spray in the treatment of lumbar canal stenosis: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, parallel group trialVinod K Podichetty
Spine Research and Education, Spine Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, FL 33331, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:2343-9. 2004..Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study to assess the effectiveness of calcitonin nasal spray on symptoms and function in patients with lumbar canal stenosis...
- The progressive roles of electronic medicine: benefits, concerns, and costsVinod Podichetty
Spine Research and Education Project, Cleveland Clinic Florida Spine Institute, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Am J Med Sci 328:94-9. 2004..However, if managed appropriately, the potential disadvantages of e-health can be minimized, and the benefits of e-health in clinical practices can be obtained...
- Chronic non-malignant musculoskeletal pain in older adults: clinical issues and opioid interventionV K Podichetty
Research Studies and Education, Cleveland Clinic Florida Spine Institute, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Postgrad Med J 79:627-33. 2003..Comorbid conditions may limit therapeutic choices, particularly in the elderly. Repeated assessment of pain levels as well as functional status is critical for optimal pain management...
- Web-based health survey systems in outcome assessment and management of painVinod K Podichetty
Spine Research and Education, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Pain Med 8:S189-98. 2007..The description of an interdisciplinary, integrated, health survey system illustrates the approach and highlights the advantages of using information technology in pain evaluation and management...
- Complications associated with minimally invasive decompression for lumbar spinal stenosisVinod K Podichetty
Spine Research and Education, Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2950 Cleveland Clinic Boulevard, Weston, FL 33331, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 19:161-6. 2006..The objective was to evaluate the risks associated with performing a minimally invasive decompression for spinal stenosis in a large group of patients...
- Investigating non-operative treatment options for lumbar spinal stenosisVinod K Podichetty
Eur Spine J 16:851-2; author reply 853. 2007
- e-Talking to patients: connecting with the health care consumerVinod K Podichetty
J Am Med Inform Assoc 13:579; author reply 580. 2006
- Placement of percutaneous pedicle screws without imaging guidanceCiaran J Powers
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Neurosurg Focus 20:E3. 2006..Only one of these screws was later found to have breached the spinal canal, yielding a breach rate of 0.35% for percutaneously placed PSs (one of 287)...
- Lumbar canal stenosis: start with nonsurgical therapyDaniel J Mazanec
Spine Center, Department of Rheumatic and Immunologic Disease, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 69:909-17. 2002..One study found that 60% of surgically treated patients improved, compared with 30% of those treated nonsurgically. We believe an initial nonsurgical approach is advisable for most patients...
- Vertebral compression fractures: manage aggressively to prevent sequelaeDaniel J Mazanec
Spine Center, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:147-56. 2003..However, the mainstay treatments remain cautious use of analgesics, limited bed rest, and physical rehabilitation...
- The preoperative and postoperative assessment and care of patients with back painSomnath Nair
Department of Neurosurgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2950 Cleveland Clinic Boulevard, Weston, FL 33331, USA
Neurol Clin 22:441-56. 2004..Clinical circumstances and specific tests for patients who have back pain meet the criteria for good screening opportunities and should be used effectively for pre- and postoperative care...
- Re: Oleske D M, Lavender S A, Andersson G B, et al. Are back supports plus education more effective than education alone in promoting recovery from low back pain? Results from a randomized clinical trial. Spine 2007;32:2050-7Vinod K Podichetty
Spine 33:349-50. 2008
- Role of patient-based health status outcome measurements in opioid management for low back painVinod K Podichetty
Division of Research Medical Intervention and Surgical Spine Program, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida, USA
J Opioid Manag 4:153-62. 2008..The aim of the study was to identify patient factors that correlate with a strong response to opioid pain medications in low back pain patients...