Satish K Pillai
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Linezolid resistance in Staphylococcus aureus: characterization and stability of resistant phenotypeSatish K Pillai
Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Infect Dis 186:1603-7. 2002..Compared with 2 linezolid-susceptible S. aureus isolates, the linezolid-resistant S. aureus isolate demonstrated no significant differences in in vitro growth characteristics...
- Daptomycin nonsusceptibility in Staphylococcus aureus with reduced vancomycin susceptibility is independent of alterations in MprFSatish K Pillai
Department of Infectious Disease, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Mailstop S32, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2223-5. 2007..aureus isolates which developed vancomycin heteroresistance, as well as daptomycin nonsusceptibility despite a lack of exposure to this drug, there were no mutations resulting in amino acid substitutions in MprF...
- Linezolid-resistant, vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium infection in patients without prior exposure to linezolidSibtain Rahim
Division of Infectious Diseases, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:E146-8. 2003..Nosocomial transmission of LRVREF is an ominous sign and underscores the importance of meticulous infection-control measures...
- Emergence of a clinical daptomycin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolate during treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia and osteomyelitisFrancisco M Marty
Division of Infectious Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 75 Francis Street, PBB A4, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:595-7. 2006..The breakthrough isolate was indistinguishable from pretreatment daptomycin-susceptible isolates by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. Daptomycin nonsusceptibility was confirmed by MIC and time-kill curve analyses...
- Persistence of rRNA operon mutated copies and rapid re-emergence of linezolid resistance in Staphylococcus aureusAthanassios Tsakris
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:649-51. 2007....
- Linezolid-resistant Enterococcus faecalis isolated from a cord blood transplant recipientImad Dibo
Department of Medicine, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:1843-5. 2004..Sequencing showed a G2576U mutation in the 23S rRNA gene. Because of the important niche of linezolid in cancer treatment, linezolid-resistant E. faecalis is noteworthy...
- Linezolid resistance in sequential Staphylococcus aureus isolates associated with a T2500A mutation in the 23S rRNA gene and loss of a single copy of rRNAVenkata G Meka
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, and Division of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Infect Dis 190:311-7. 2004..The most recent isolate of this series was recovered 7 months after the patient discontinued linezolid and demonstrated reversion to a susceptible phenotype associated with a loss of the T2500A mutation...
- Effects of glucose on fsr-mediated biofilm formation in Enterococcus faecalisSatish K Pillai
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Infect Dis 190:967-70. 2004..The present study provides additional insight into the mechanisms used by E. faecalis to establish nosocomial infection...