Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Prevention of paclitaxel-induced neuropathy through activation of the central cannabinoid type 2 receptor systemMohamed Naguib
Institute of Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, NE6 306, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Anesth Analg 114:1104-20. 2012..Cannabinoid type 2 (CB(2)) receptors are expressed in the microglia in neurodegenerative disease models...
- A survey of current management of neuromuscular block in the United States and EuropeMohamed Naguib
Department of General Anesthesiology, Institute of Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave E 31, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Anesth Analg 111:110-9. 2010..No comparable survey has been undertaken in the United States (US). From this survey, we compared current clinical neuromuscular practice and attitudes between anesthesia practitioners in the US and Europe...
- Suppression of central chemokine fractalkine receptor signaling alleviates amyloid-induced memory deficiencyJiang Wu
Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA College of Basic Medical Sciences, Dalian Medical University, Dalian, China
Neurobiol Aging 34:2843-52. 2013..These findings suggest that activation of CX3CR1 plays an important role in the neuroinflammatory response and Aβ-induced neuroinflammation and neurotoxicity. ..
- Epigenetic suppression of neuroligin 1 underlies amyloid-induced memory deficiencyBihua Bie
1 Department of General Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA 2
Nat Neurosci 17:223-31. 2014..These findings link neuroinflammation, synaptic efficacy and memory, thus providing insight into the pathogenesis of amyloid-associated diseases. ..
- Activation of the CB2 receptor system reverses amyloid-induced memory deficiencyJiang Wu
Institute of Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Neurobiol Aging 34:791-804. 2013..Our findings suggest that MDA7 is an innovative therapeutic approach for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease...
- Synaptic plasticity and pain aversionBihua Bie
Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, United States
Eur J Pharmacol 667:26-31. 2011..New discoveries regarding the interaction between the synaptic plasticity and affective components of pain may advance our understanding on the pain mechanism, and lead to new strategies for pain treatment...
- Laparoscopic surgery and muscle relaxants: is deep block helpful?Aaron F Kopman
From the Department of General Anesthesia, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
Anesth Analg 120:51-8. 2015..There are little objective data to support the proposition that deep neuromuscular block (when compared with less intense block; TOF counts of 1-3) contributes to better patient outcome or improves surgical operating conditions. ..
- Fundamental concepts of epigenetics for consideration in anesthesiologyMohamed Naguib
Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 25:434-43. 2012..The goal of this review is to provide a concise overview of the fundamental concepts in epigenetics and discuss how epigenetics may be incorporated into research studies in anesthesiology...
- Increased synaptic GluR1 subunits in the anterior cingulate cortex of rats with peripheral inflammationBihua Bie
Department of General Anesthesiology, Institute of Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 653:26-31. 2011..This investigation may clarify, at least partially, the underlying supraspinal mechanism for adaptation of glutamatergic transmission during chronic pain induced by peripheral inflammation...