Michael T Modic
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Lumbar degenerative disk diseaseMichael T Modic
Division of Radiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Radiology 245:43-61. 2007....
- Whole-body CT screening for cancer and coronary disease: does it pass the test?Michael T Modic
Division of Radiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 71:47-56. 2004....
- Acute low back pain and radiculopathy: MR imaging findings and their prognostic role and effect on outcomeMichael T Modic
Division of Radiology, Spine Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 44195, USA
Radiology 237:597-604. 2005..To prospectively determine in patients with acute low back pain (LBP) or radiculopathy, the magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings, prognostic role of these findings, and effect of diagnostic information on outcome...
- Degenerative disc disease: genotyping, MR imaging and phenotypingMichael T Modic
Divison of Radiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Skeletal Radiol 36:91-3. 2007
- Total-body screening: preliminary results of a pilot randomized controlled trialNancy A Obuchowski
Division of Radiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 4:604-11. 2007..The authors performed a pilot randomized controlled trial of total-body screening to assess the feasibility of a full-scale study...
- Calcium scoring: criteria for evaluating its effectivenessNancy A Obuchowski
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 24:39-44. 2003..We discuss how these criteria can be used to estimate NNS and NSH. Although this work focuses on coronary calcification screening, reference is made as well to other areas, such as lung and colon cancer screening...
- Incidence of advanced symptomatic disease as primary endpoint in screening and prevention trialsNancy A Obuchowski
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Wb4, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:19-23. 2007..This endpoint is sensitive to the benefit of screening, correlates with patients' quality of life and societal costs, and can dramatically reduce the sample size and follow-up requirements of RCTs...
- Total body screening: predicting actionable findingsNancy Obuchowski
Division of Radiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Acad Radiol 13:480-5. 2006..Even the appropriate target for screening has not been addressed. In this study, we determined the variables from a subject's demographic and medical and family history that are predictive of actionable findings on total body screening...
- Neck and low back pain: neuroimagingManzoor Ahmed
Department of Radiology, Louis Stokes VA Medical Center, 10701 East Boulevard, Cleveland, OH 44106 1702, USA
Neurol Clin 25:439-71. 2007..The key is clinical correlation of imaging findings. This article presents a concise and illustrated discussion of spinal neuroimaging related to neck and back pain, with emphasis on degenerative disease...
- The utility of repeated postoperative radiographs after lumbar instrumented fusion for degenerative lumbar spineTakayuki Yamashita
Cleveland Clinic, Center for Spine Health, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 36:1955-60. 2011..Retrospective chart review...
- Imaging of lumbar degenerative disk disease: history and current stateTodd M Emch
Division of Neuroradiology, Imaging Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Skeletal Radiol 40:1175-89. 2011..These advances are described in a temporal context for historical purposes with a focus on MR imaging's history and current state...
- Screening with multisection CT: unmasking the benefitNancy A Obuchowski
Radiology 237:401-3. 2005
- Coronary artery imaging with multidetector computed tomography: a call for an evidence-based, multidisciplinary approachPaul Schoenhagen
Am Heart J 151:945-8. 2006..This cooperation will provide the necessary education, training, and guidelines for physicians and technologists assuring standard of care for their patients...
- Modic type 1 and type 2 changesMichael T Modic
J Neurosurg Spine 6:150-1; discussion 151. 2007