Tarek M Mekhail
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Malignant acanthosis nigricans, tripe palms and the sign of Leser-Tre'lat, a hint to the diagnosis of early stage ovarian cancer: a case report and review of the literatureMehdi M Kebria
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 101:353-5. 2006..We are reporting the first case of ovarian cancer in association with three coexisting cutaneous paraneoplastic dermatosis...
- Validation and extension of the Memorial Sloan-Kettering prognostic factors model for survival in patients with previously untreated metastatic renal cell carcinomaTarek M Mekhail
Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:832-41. 2005..To validate the Motzer et al prognostic factors model for survival in patients with previously untreated metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and to identify additional independent prognostic factors...
- Utility of positron emission tomography compared with mediastinoscopy for delineating involved lymph nodes in stage III lung cancer: insights for radiotherapy planning from a surgical cohortGregory M M Videtic
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:702-6. 2008..We used the results of mediastinoscopy from a Stage III NSCLC cohort to assess the reliability of positron emission tomography (PET) scans at identifying involved mediastinal lymph nodes (MLN) when used during radiotherapy planning...
- Gender, race, and survival: a study in non-small-cell lung cancer brain metastases patients utilizing the radiation therapy oncology group recursive partitioning analysis classificationGregory M M Videtic
Department of Radiation Oncology, Taussig Cancer Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:1141-7. 2009....
- Metastatic sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma treated with vascular endothelial growth factor-targeted therapyAli Reza Golshayan
Department of Solid Tumor Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:235-41. 2009..The utility of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-targeted therapy in patients with this disease is unknown...
- Winning the battle, losing the war: the noncurative "curative" resection for stage I adenocarcinoma of the lungSudish C Murthy
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1067-74. 2010..Therefore, this study characterizes cancer recurrence and its risks, assesses survival after recurrence, and contextualizes overall survival and its risks...
- Phase II study of lenalidomide in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinomaToni K Choueiri
Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cancer 107:2609-16. 2006..A Phase II, open-label study of LEN in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) was conducted to determine its safety and clinical activity...
- Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) and telomerase activity: relationship to stageTarek M Mekhail
Expermental Therapeutics, Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Urol Oncol 21:424-30. 2003..In patients with advanced disease, there is a high incidence of telomerase positivity was found, within this limited sample, however, no correlation with survival was found...
- Acanthosis nigricans with endometrial carcinoma: case report and review of the literatureTarek M Mekhail
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 84:332-4. 2002..Only five cases of endometrial carcinoma associated with acanthosis nigricans and/or tripe palms have been reported in the literature...
- Phenoxodiol: isoflavone analog with antineoplastic activityToni K Choueiri
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, R 35, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Curr Oncol Rep 8:104-7. 2006..Hormone-refractory prostate cancer is another promising area in which phenoxodiol is being actively tested. Studies are ongoing to define the optimal use of this novel anticancer agent...
- Paclitaxel in cancer therapyTarek M Mekhail
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 3:755-66. 2002..Paclitaxel is also active against AIDS-associated Kaposi's sarcoma...
- Combinations of DNA methyltransferase and histone deacetylase inhibitors induce DNA damage in small cell lung cancer cells: correlation of resistance with IFN-stimulated gene expressionWioleta Luszczek
Hematology Oncology Research, Taussig Cancer Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue R40, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 9:2309-21. 2010....
- F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in the evaluation of distant metastases from renal cell carcinomaNavneet S Majhail
Department of Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3995-4000. 2003..A negative FDG-PET, however does not rule out active malignancy...
- Validation of the RTOG recursive partitioning analysis (RPA) classification for small-cell lung cancer-only brain metastasesGregory M M Videtic
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:240-3. 2007..Clinical trials for patients with brain metastases generally exclude small-cell lung cancer (SCLC) cases. We hypothesize that the RPA classes are valid in the setting of SCLC brain metastases...
- Phase II study of gemcitabine and cisplatin in patients with previously untreated extensive stage small cell lung cancer: Southwest Oncology Group Study 9718Paul J Hesketh
Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center of Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Thorac Oncol 2:440-4. 2007..This phase II study (S9718) evaluated the antineoplastic activity and tolerability of the combination of gemcitabine and cisplatin in previously untreated patients with extensive stage small cell lung cancer (ES-SCLC)...