Donald A Malone
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Deep brain stimulation of the ventral capsule/ventral striatum for treatment-resistant depressionDonald A Malone
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Center for Neurological Restoration, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Biol Psychiatry 65:267-75. 2009..We investigated the use of deep brain stimulation (DBS) of the ventral capsule/ventral striatum (VC/VS) for treatment refractory depression...
- Use of deep brain stimulation in treatment-resistant depressionDonald A Malone
Center for Behavioral Health, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 77:S77-80. 2010..While such research should benefit from the recent US Food and Drug Administration approval of deep brain stimulation for severe obsessive-compulsive disorder, it must adhere to strict principles for appropriate patient selection...
- Axonal pathways linked to therapeutic and nontherapeutic outcomes during psychiatric deep brain stimulationJ Luis Lujan
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 33:958-68. 2012..As such, the goal of this study was to develop a method for identifying axonal pathways whose activation is most likely necessary for achieving therapeutic benefits during DBS...
- Where in the brain is depression?Mayur Pandya
Department of Psychiatry and Center for Behavioral Health, Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 14:634-42. 2012..In future studies, this distributed nature of depression needs to be further investigated, primary and secondary areas affected need to be identified, and new paradigms to explain complex mental functions need to be explored...
- Behavioral neurosurgeryDonald A Malone
Department of Psychiatry, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Adv Neurol 99:241-7. 2006