Umesh N Khot
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Nitroprusside in critically ill patients with left ventricular dysfunction and aortic stenosisUmesh N Khot
Indiana Heart Physicians, Indianapolis 46107, USA
N Engl J Med 348:1756-63. 2003..However, vasodilators such as nitroprusside may improve myocardial performance if peripheral vasoconstriction is contributing to afterload...
- Emergency department physician activation of the catheterization laboratory and immediate transfer to an immediately available catheterization laboratory reduce door-to-balloon time in ST-elevation myocardial infarctionUmesh N Khot
Indiana Heart Physicians St Francis Heart Center, 5330 E Stop 11 Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46237, USA
Circulation 116:67-76. 2007..However, there are limited prospective data on specific measures to significantly reduce door-to-balloon time...
- Financial impact of reducing door-to-balloon time in ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a single hospital experienceUmesh N Khot
Indiana Heart Physicians, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 9:32. 2009..The impact of reducing door-to-balloon time on hospital revenues, costs, and net income is unknown...
- Severe renal dysfunction complicating cardiogenic shock is not a contraindication to mechanical support as a bridge to cardiac transplantationUmesh N Khot
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kaufman Center for Heart Failure, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 41:381-5. 2003..This study investigated outcomes in patients with cardiogenic shock and severe renal dysfunction treated with ventricular assist devices (VAD) as a bridge to cardiac transplantation...
- Prevalence of conventional risk factors in patients with coronary heart diseaseUmesh N Khot
Department of Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JAMA 290:898-904. 2003..This claim implies that other factors play a significant role in CHD and has led to considerable interest in nontraditional risk factors and genetic causes of CHD...
- Prognostic importance of physical examination for heart failure in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes: the enduring value of Killip classificationUmesh N Khot
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
JAMA 290:2174-81. 2003..Although well studied in ST-elevation myocardial infarction, the prognostic importance of Killip classification in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes is not well established...
- Radial artery bypass grafts have an increased occurrence of angiographically severe stenosis and occlusion compared with left internal mammary arteries and saphenous vein graftsUmesh N Khot
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Circulation 109:2086-91. 2004..The radial artery has been increasingly used in CABG. However, angiographic outcome data have been limited...
- Effects of sodium nitroprusside in aortic stenosis associated with severe heart failure: pressure-volume loop analysis using a numerical modelZoran B Popovic
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H416-23. 2005..In conclusion, using a numerical model, we identified ventricular function parameters that are responsible for improved hemodynamics during SNP infusion in AS with LV dysfunction...
- Radial-artery coronary bypass graftsUmesh N Khot
N Engl J Med 352:941-2; author reply 941-2. 2005