Sujith R Kalmadi
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Epsilon aminocaproic acid reduces transfusion requirements in patients with thrombocytopenic hemorrhageSujith Kalmadi
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44122, USA
Cancer 107:136-40. 2006..Epsilon aminocaproic acid (EACA) is an antifibrinolytic drug that has been used to control hemorrhage by stabilizing the thrombus. It has been used in thrombocytopenic patients largely on an empiric basis...
- The emerging role of arsenic trioxide as an immunomodulatory agent in the management of multiple myelomaSujith R Kalmadi
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Multiple Myeloma Multidisciplinary Clinical Research Program, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Acta Haematol 116:1-7. 2006..In this review article we will outline the history, mechanisms of action, pharmacology, and clinical trials of arsenic trioxide in multiple myeloma...
- Phase II trial of weekly docetaxel and gemcitabine as first-line therapy for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerSujith Kalmadi
Thoracic and Gastrointestinal oncology, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Med Oncol 23:507-13. 2006..This treatment results in almost a doubling of 1-yr survival, along with an improvement in quality of life despite treatment-related toxicities. However, platinum-based treatment may be associated with significant toxicity...
- Lenalidomide: the emerging role of a novel targeted agent in malignanciesSujith Kalmadi
Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 43:85-95. 2007..Combination therapy with lenalidomide could enhance this agent's antineoplastic role; this is likely the position it will occupy in the armamentarium against cancer...
- Gemcitabine and cisplatin in unresectable malignant mesothelioma of the pleura: a phase II study of the Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG 9810)Sujith R Kalmadi
Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Lung Cancer 60:259-63. 2008..The purpose of this open-label phase II SWOG study was to evaluate the activity of gemcitabine (Gemzar; Eli Lilly, Indiana, USA) and cisplatin combination therapy, in patients with unresectable malignant mesothelioma of the pleura...
- Neoadjuvant therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma: is there an optimal approach?Khaldoun Almhanna
Gastrointestinal Oncology, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 21:1116-22; discussion 1122, 1124, 1127-8. 2007..This review summarizes the current data on the different modalities used worldwide in the neoadjuvant treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma, the rationale for these approaches, efficacy, potential complications, and future prospects...