Jorge A Guzman
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Carbon monoxide poisoningJorge A Guzman
Section of Critical Care, Respiratory Institute, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, G6 156, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Crit Care Clin 28:537-48. 2012..Treatment consists of the patient's removal from the source of exposure and the immediate administration of 100% supplemental oxygen in addition to aggressive supportive measures. The use of hyperbaric oxygen is controversial...
- Septic shock due to candidemia: outcomes and predictors of shock developmentJorge A Guzman
Section of Critical Care, Respiratory Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA
J Clin Med Res 3:65-71. 2011..The present report describes the outcomes of a cohort of patients with Candida induced septic shock...
- Relative cost and outcomes in the intensive care unit of acute lung injury (ALI) due to pandemic influenza compared with other etiologies: a single-center studyJonathan Wiesen
Resident, Internal Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, USA
Ann Intensive Care 2:41. 2012..abstract:..
- Caring for VIPs: nine principlesJorge A Guzman
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Respiratory Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 78:90-4. 2011..Caring for VIP patients requires innovative solutions so that their VIP status does not adversely affect the care they receive. We offer nine guiding principles in caring for VIP patients...
- Massive cerebrovascular infarct due to the catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome in a patient with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraAriel Modrykamien
Respiratory Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland Ohio 44195, USA
J Intensive Care Med 24:269-72. 2009..Prompt and aggressive treatment may prevent and actually resolve lethal complications caused by this devastating syndrome...