Chad R Gordon
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Composite tissue allotransplantation: a proposed classification system based on relative complexityC R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Transplant Proc 41:481-4. 2009..In conclusion, we have created a new classification system so that ongoing research and future data may be compared in a type-specific fashion...
- Hand surgery volume and the US economy: is there a statistical correlation?Chad R Gordon
Department of Plastic, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Ann Plast Surg 65:471-4. 2010..Therefore, in light of the current recession, our objective was to study our institution's hand surgery volume over the last 17 years in relation to the nation's economy...
- Cosmetic surgery volume and its correlation with the major US stock market indicesChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Aesthet Surg J 30:470-5. 2010....
- The Cleveland Clinic FACES Score: a preliminary assessment tool for identifying the optimal face transplant candidateChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk A 60, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Craniofac Surg 20:1969-74. 2009..If substantiated, this supplemental score may ultimately predict successful outcomes, determine optimal utility, and provide insight toward prognosis with respect to facial composite tissue allotransplantation...
- The world's experience with facial transplantation: what have we learned thus far?Chad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Plast Surg 63:572-8. 2009..Face transplantation has been shown thus far to be a viable option in some patients suffering severe facial deficits which are not amenable to modern-day reconstructive technique...
- Requirements for the development of a hand transplantation programChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Plast Surg 63:262-73. 2009....
- The technical and anatomical aspects of the World's first near-total human face and maxilla transplantDaniel S Alam
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk A71, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 11:369-77. 2009..To discuss the technical and anatomical analysis and design of an osteocutaneous allograft transplant incorporating the donor maxilla and the execution of the operative protocol during the transplant...
- First U.S. near-total human face transplantation: a paradigm shift for massive complex injuriesMaria Z Siemionow
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:111-22. 2010..The authors describe establishment of the Cleveland Clinic face transplantation program that led them to perform the first U.S. near-total face transplantation...
- Institutional review board-based recommendations for medical institutions pursuing protocol approval for facial transplantationMaria Z Siemionow
Department of Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 126:1232-9. 2010..However, until now, very little literature has been published providing surgeons the necessary insight on how to (1) prepare a protocol for institutional review board approval and (2) establish a face transplant program...
- Calcium phosphate cements in skull reconstruction: a meta-analysisAhmed M Afifi
Cleveland Clinic and Cairo University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 126:1300-9. 2010..This work addresses the controversy regarding the indications and results of calcium phosphate cements in skull reconstruction through a meta-analysis of the published literature...
- Clinical application of the FACES score for face transplantationKaran Chopra
From the Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland and Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio
J Craniofac Surg 25:64-9. 2014..This study aimed to systematically evaluate all reported outcomes of facial allotransplantation (FT) using the previously described FACES scoring instrument...
- Face, upper extremity, and concomitant transplantation: potential concerns and challenges aheadMaria Z Siemionow
Department of Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 126:308-15. 2010..These have included simultaneous bilateral hand transplants and tongue with mandible. Future study is warranted to investigate the potential advantages and disadvantages of using this approach versus a staged approach for reconstruction...
- From simple interrupted to complex spiral: a systematic review of various suture techniques for microvascular anastomosesMohammed S Alghoul
Departement of Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Microsurgery 31:72-80. 2011..However, "exposure to many and mastery of one" simply provides the plastic surgery resident, fellow, or staff the technical flexibility needed for less-complicated surgical planning when performing free tissue transfer...
- Diced cartilage grafts wrapped in AlloDerm for dorsal nasal augmentationChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, Institute of Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Craniofac Surg 22:1196-9. 2011..In summary, this technique has been proven to be successful in achieving attractive, safe, and acceptable outcomes in nasal dorsal configuration and overall patient satisfaction...
- Cytomegalovirus and other infectious issues related to face transplantation: specific considerations, lessons learned, and future recommendationsChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, Institute of Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 02114, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 127:1515-23. 2011....