Chad R Gordon
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Composite tissue allotransplantation: a proposed classification system based on relative complexityC R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Transplant Proc 41:481-4. 2009..In conclusion, we have created a new classification system so that ongoing research and future data may be compared in a type-specific fashion...
- Hand surgery volume and the US economy: is there a statistical correlation?Chad R Gordon
Department of Plastic, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Ann Plast Surg 65:471-4. 2010..Therefore, in light of the current recession, our objective was to study our institution's hand surgery volume over the last 17 years in relation to the nation's economy...
- Cosmetic surgery volume and its correlation with the major US stock market indicesChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Aesthet Surg J 30:470-5. 2010....
- The Cleveland Clinic FACES Score: a preliminary assessment tool for identifying the optimal face transplant candidateChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk A 60, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Craniofac Surg 20:1969-74. 2009..If substantiated, this supplemental score may ultimately predict successful outcomes, determine optimal utility, and provide insight toward prognosis with respect to facial composite tissue allotransplantation...
- The world's experience with facial transplantation: what have we learned thus far?Chad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Plast Surg 63:572-8. 2009..Face transplantation has been shown thus far to be a viable option in some patients suffering severe facial deficits which are not amenable to modern-day reconstructive technique...
- Requirements for the development of a hand transplantation programChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Ann Plast Surg 63:262-73. 2009....
- The technical and anatomical aspects of the World's first near-total human face and maxilla transplantDaniel S Alam
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Desk A71, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 11:369-77. 2009..To discuss the technical and anatomical analysis and design of an osteocutaneous allograft transplant incorporating the donor maxilla and the execution of the operative protocol during the transplant...
- First U.S. near-total human face transplantation: a paradigm shift for massive complex injuriesMaria Z Siemionow
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 125:111-22. 2010..The authors describe establishment of the Cleveland Clinic face transplantation program that led them to perform the first U.S. near-total face transplantation...
- Institutional review board-based recommendations for medical institutions pursuing protocol approval for facial transplantationMaria Z Siemionow
Department of Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 126:1232-9. 2010..However, until now, very little literature has been published providing surgeons the necessary insight on how to (1) prepare a protocol for institutional review board approval and (2) establish a face transplant program...
- Calcium phosphate cements in skull reconstruction: a meta-analysisAhmed M Afifi
Cleveland Clinic and Cairo University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 126:1300-9. 2010..This work addresses the controversy regarding the indications and results of calcium phosphate cements in skull reconstruction through a meta-analysis of the published literature...
- Face, upper extremity, and concomitant transplantation: potential concerns and challenges aheadMaria Z Siemionow
Department of Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 126:308-15. 2010..These have included simultaneous bilateral hand transplants and tongue with mandible. Future study is warranted to investigate the potential advantages and disadvantages of using this approach versus a staged approach for reconstruction...
- From simple interrupted to complex spiral: a systematic review of various suture techniques for microvascular anastomosesMohammed S Alghoul
Departement of Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Microsurgery 31:72-80. 2011..However, "exposure to many and mastery of one" simply provides the plastic surgery resident, fellow, or staff the technical flexibility needed for less-complicated surgical planning when performing free tissue transfer...
- Diced cartilage grafts wrapped in AlloDerm for dorsal nasal augmentationChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, Institute of Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Craniofac Surg 22:1196-9. 2011..In summary, this technique has been proven to be successful in achieving attractive, safe, and acceptable outcomes in nasal dorsal configuration and overall patient satisfaction...
- Cytomegalovirus and other infectious issues related to face transplantation: specific considerations, lessons learned, and future recommendationsChad R Gordon
Department of Plastic Surgery, Institute of Dermatology and Plastic Surgery, Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 02114, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 127:1515-23. 2011....