Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Cooperation between MEF2 and PPARgamma in human intestinal beta,beta-carotene 15,15'-monooxygenase gene expressionXiaoming Gong
Department of Pediatrics, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island and Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
BMC Mol Biol 7:7. 2006..The aim of this study is to identify potentially human-specific regulatory control mechanisms of BCMO1 gene expression...
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 mediates neurotoxin-induced degradation of the transcription factor myocyte enhancer factor 2Xiaoli Tang
Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Neurosci 25:4823-34. 2005....
- β-carotene regulates expression of β-carotene 15,15'-monoxygenase in human alveolar epithelial cellsXiaoming Gong
Department of Pediatrics, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Paul L Foster School of Medicine, El Paso, TX 79905, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 539:230-8. 2013....
- Cdk5-mediated inhibition of the protective effects of transcription factor MEF2 in neurotoxicity-induced apoptosisXiaoming Gong
The Liver Research Center, Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Neuron 38:33-46. 2003..Our studies reveal a nuclear pathway by which neurotoxin/Cdk5 induces neuronal apoptosis through inhibiting prosurvival nuclear machinery...
- Both viral transcription and replication are reduced when the rabies virus nucleoprotein is not phosphorylatedXianfu Wu
Department of Pathology, The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Virol 76:4153-61. 2002..Taken together, these results provide definitive evidence that N phosphorylation plays an important role in the processes of rabies virus transcription and replication...
- Regulation of hepatic stellate cell activation and growth by transcription factor myocyte enhancer factor 2Xuemin Wang
Liver Research Center, Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine, Providence 02903, USA
Gastroenterology 127:1174-88. 2004..Transcriptional regulation plays a key role in this process. We studied the role of transcription factor myocyte enhancer factor 2 (MEF2) during HSC activation...
- Olig1 is downregulated in oligodendrocyte progenitor cell differentiationXiaoming Gong
Medical college in Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Neuroreport 19:1203-7. 2008..Thus, Olig1 is downregulated during OPC differentiation, suggesting that Olig1 is not actively required in differentiated oligodendrocytes...