Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- The pathobiology of glioma tumorsCandece L Gladson
Department of Cancer Biology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Annu Rev Pathol 5:33-50. 2010....
- Targeting SRC in glioblastoma tumors and brain metastases: rationale and preclinical studiesManmeet S Ahluwalia
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cancer Lett 298:139-49. 2010..The activity of these agents against solid tumors suggests that they may also be useful in treating brain metastases. This article reviews the potential for using SRC/SFK inhibitors to treat GBM and brain metastases...
- Histidine-rich glycoprotein modulates the anti-angiogenic effects of vasculostatinPhilip A Klenotic
Department of Cell Biology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Pathol 176:2039-50. 2010..These data help define a novel angiogenic axis that could be exploited for the treatment of human cancers and other diseases where excess angiogenesis occurs...
- The Role of TSP-1 and 2 in the Biology of AstrocytomasCandece Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Mouse malignant glioma cell clones will be injected intracerebrally into the TSP-2 knockout mouse and the wild-type mouse, and studies to analyze tumor angiogenesis and proliferation performed. ..
- The Role of Lyn in Glioma Progression and MigrationCandece Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will be of general interest, i.e., tumors other than brain tumors, as increased cellular Src family member activity also likely promotes the progression and metastasis of non-glioma tumors. ..
- Inhibition of Glioma Growth by a Novel MoleculeCandece L Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Relevance: This work should lead directly to a novel therapeutic strategy for the treatment of malignant astrocytic tumors, which would represent a major advance in the treatment of this devastating disease. ..
- FAK AND CAS AND ASTROCYTOMA MIGRATION/INVASIONCandece Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Completion of this work will establish a model of p125 FAK and p130CAS signaling after ligation of integrins on astrocytoma cells, which will lead to the development of therapy directed toward specific steps in the invasion process. ..
- Brain Endothelial TNF-R1 Can Function to Inhibit AngiogenesisCandece L Gladson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This approach would be a significant advance over the therapies currently being tested that retard the growth of the blood vessels, but do not eliminate them. ..