William J Dupps
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Biomechanics and wound healing in the corneaWilliam J Dupps
The Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, OH 44195, USA
Exp Eye Res 83:709-20. 2006....
- Effect of femtosecond laser energy level on corneal stromal cell death and inflammationFabricio Witzel de Medeiros
Cleveland Clinic, Cole Eye Institute, Ohio 44195, USA
J Refract Surg 25:869-74. 2009..To analyze the effects of variations in femtosecond laser energy level on corneal stromal cell death and inflammatory cell influx following flap creation in a rabbit model...
- Patient-specific computational modeling of keratoconus progression and differential responses to collagen cross-linkingAbhijit Sinha Roy
Cleveland Clinic Cole Eye Institute, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44120, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:9174-87. 2011..To model keratoconus (KC) progression and investigate the differential responses of central and eccentric cones to standard and alternative collagen cross-linking (CXL) patterns...
- Collagenase-mediated tissue modeling of corneal ectasia and collagen cross-linking treatmentsCheng W Hong
Lerner College of Medicine, SurgeryInstitute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44120, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:2321-7. 2012..The authors evaluated the use of collagenase for generating an experimental model of ectasia to evaluate the topographic effects of CXL interventions...
- Patient-specific modeling of corneal refractive surgery outcomes and inverse estimation of elastic property changesAbhijit Sinha Roy
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Biomech Eng 133:011002. 2011..Significant elastic weakening after LASIK was required to replicate clinical topographic outcomes in this two-eye pilot study...
- Differences in the early biomechanical effects of hyperopic and myopic laser in situ keratomileusisFabricio Witzel de Medeiros
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:947-53. 2010....
- Epithelial debridement for the treatment of epithelial basement membrane abnormalities coincident with endothelial disordersBennie H Jeng
Cole Eye Institute and daggerDivision of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Cornea 27:1207-11. 2008..To determine if treatment directed at the epithelial basement membrane abnormalities in eyes with endothelial disorder can improve visual acuity and surface irregularity...
- Biomechanical effects of femtosecond and microkeratome-based flap creation: prospective contralateral examination of two patientsRonald R Krueger
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Refract Surg 23:800-7. 2007..Comparative outcomes after subsequent refractive laser correction were also investigated...
- Autologous serum 50% eyedrops in the treatment of persistent corneal epithelial defectsBennie H Jeng
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA
Cornea 28:1104-8. 2009..To evaluate the success rate of treating persistent corneal epithelial defects using 50% autologous serum eyedrops...
- Multivariate model of refractive shift in Descemet-stripping automated endothelial keratoplastyWilliam J Dupps
Cole Eye Insitute, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue i 32, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:578-84. 2008..To relate in situ graft shape in Descemet-stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK) to surgically induced refractive error...
- Femtosecond laser and microkeratome corneal flaps: comparison of stromal wound healing and inflammationMarcelo V Netto
The Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Refract Surg 23:667-76. 2007..To examine early postoperative wound healing in rabbit corneas that had LASIK flaps formed with three different models (15 KHz, 30 KhZ, and 60 KHz) of a femtosecond laser compared with flaps formed with a microkeratome...
- Scleral thickness following fluocinolone acetonide implant (Retisert)Mehran Taban
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 18:305-13. 2010..To evaluate whether intravitreal fluocinolone acetonide (FA) implantation (Retisert) leads to scleral thinning...
- Biomechanical effects of intraocular pressure elevation on optic nerve/lamina cribrosa before and after peripapillary scleral collagen cross-linkingIvey L Thornton
Cole Eye Institute, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:1227-33. 2009..To evaluate the biomechanical effect of intraocular pressure (IOP) elevation on the optic nerve/lamina cribrosa complex (ON/LC) and peripapillary sclera (PS) of porcine eyes before and after localized collagen cross-linking...
- Surface wave elastometry of the cornea in porcine and human donor eyesWilliam J Dupps
Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Refract Surg 23:66-75. 2007..The effects of epithelial debridement, relaxing incisions, and crosslink-mediated stiffening on surface wave velocity are also studied...
- Hysteresis: new mechanospeak for the ophthalmologistWilliam J Dupps
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1499-501. 2007
- Late repeat Descemet-stripping automated endothelial keratoplastyMark S Gorovoy
Gorovoy MD Eye Specialists, Ft Myers, FL, USA
Cornea 27:238-40. 2008..To report the outcomes of 2 patients who underwent repeat Descemet-stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK) 13 and 23 months after their primary surgeries...
- A novel GCAP1 missense mutation (L151F) in a large family with autosomal dominant cone-rod dystrophy (adCORD)Izabela Sokal
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:1124-32. 2005..To elucidate the phenotypic and biochemical characteristics of a novel mutation associated with autosomal dominant cone-rod dystrophy (adCORD)...
- Biomechanical modeling of corneal ectasiaWilliam J Dupps
Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Refract Surg 21:186-90. 2005
- Visual acuity, refractive error, and endothelial cell density six months after Descemet stripping and automated endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK)Steven B Koenig
Eye Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Cornea 26:670-4. 2007..To evaluate visual acuity, refractive outcomes, and endothelial cell density 6 months after Descemet stripping and automated endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK)...
- Bowman's brave new worldWilliam J Dupps
J Cataract Refract Surg 34:713-4. 2008
- Diamond iris retractor configuration for small-pupil extracapsular or intracapsular cataract surgeryWilliam J Dupps
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242-1091, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:2473-5. 2004..Advantages of this technique include ease of conversion from phacoemulsification, optimal orientation of the maximum pupil diameter for nucleus expression or intracapsular lens removal, and conservation of iris tissue...