Elaine F Dannefer
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- The portfolio approach to competency-based assessment at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of MedicineElaine F Dannefer
Medical Education Research and Assessment, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Acad Med 82:493-502. 2007..This article describes how the portfolio was developed to provide both formative and summative assessment of student achievement in relation to the program's nine competencies...
- Evidence within a portfolio-based assessment program: what do medical students select to document their performance?Elaine F Dannefer
Cleveland Clinic Learner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Med Teach 34:215-20. 2012....
- Peer assessment of professional competenceElaine F Dannefer
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Med Educ 39:713-22. 2005..This study describes the development, implementation and results of peer assessment as a measure of professional competence of medical students to be used for formative purposes...
- Methods to assess students' acquisition, application and integration of basic science knowledge in an innovative competency-based curriculumS Beth Bierer
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland 44195, USA
Med Teach 30:e171-7. 2008..Instead, assessments are competency-based, relate directly to performance standards, and are stored in e-Portfolios to track progress and document student achievement. The class size is limited to 32 students a year...
- Student perspectives on assessment: experience in a competency-based portfolio systemFaysal Altahawi
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland OH, USA
Med Teach 34:221-5. 2012..Four students share personal reflections of their experience to illuminate themes from the subjective experience of the learner and to understand how to align the learners' interests with the requirements of an assessment program...
- Evaluation of essay questions used to assess medical students' application and integration of basic and clinical science knowledgeS Beth Bierer
Education Institute, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Teach Learn Med 21:344-50. 2009..Educators need approaches to assess medical students' abilities to apply and integrate concepts essential to medical practice...
- Does students' gender, citizenship, or verbal ability affect fairness of portfolio-based promotion decisions? Results from one medical schoolS Beth Bierer
Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Acad Med 86:773-7. 2011..These criteria apply to portfolios just as they do to other assessments. This report examines the fairness of portfolio-based promotion decisions for medical students at the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine...
- Comprehensive assessment of professional competence: the Rochester experimentRonald M Epstein
Department of Family Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14620, USA
Teach Learn Med 16:186-96. 2004..A required 2-week comprehensive assessment (CA) for 2nd-year medical students that integrates basic science, clinical skills, information management, and professionalism was implemented...