Jarrod E Dalton
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Flexible recalibration of binary clinical prediction modelsJarrod E Dalton
Departments of Quantitative Health Sciences and Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA
Stat Med 32:282-9. 2013..We present an example implementation using data from the US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality...
- Nitrous oxide may not increase the risk of cancer recurrence after colorectal surgery: a follow-up of a randomized controlled trialEdith Fleischmann
Outcomes Research, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
BMC Anesthesiol 9:1. 2009..We therefore tested the hypothesis that colorectal-cancer recurrence risk is augmented by nitrous oxide administration during colorectal surgery...
- Erythrocyte storage duration is not associated with increased mortality in noncardiac surgical patients: a retrospective analysis of 6,994 patientsLeif Saager
Department of Outcomes Research, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Anesthesiology 118:51-8. 2013..Limited data are available for noncardiac surgical patients. We therefore evaluated the association between storage duration of transfused erythrocytes and postoperative all-cause mortality among general surgery patients...
- Effects of volatile anesthetic choice on hospital length-of-stay: a retrospective study and a prospective trialTatyana Kopyeva
Department of General Anesthesia, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Anesthesiology 119:61-70. 2013..The authors tested the hypothesis that the duration of hospitalization is prolonged with isoflurane anesthesia...
- A mannequin study of intubation with the AP advance and GlideScope Ranger videolaryngoscopes and the Macintosh laryngoscopeJack A R Hodd
Department of Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Anesth Analg 113:791-800. 2011..We tested the hypotheses that intubation with the APA is no slower than Macintosh laryngoscopy for normal mannequin airways, and that it is no slower than videolaryngoscopy using a GlideScope Ranger in difficult mannequin airways...
- Chemotherapy within 30 days before surgery does not augment postoperative mortality and morbidityAlparslan Turan
Department of Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, P 77, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Can J Anaesth 59:758-65. 2012..We therefore tested the hypotheses that chemotherapy within 30 days before cancer surgery is associated with an increased risk of mortality and with a composite of major morbidities within 30 postoperative days...
- Impact of present-on-admission indicators on risk-adjusted hospital mortality measurementJarrod E Dalton
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Anesthesiology 118:1298-306. 2013....
- The clinical quandary of counseling the moribund critical care patient-a registry analysis of postsurgical outcomesLeif Saager
Department of Outcomes Research, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Crit Care 28:421-6. 2013..To provide outcomes data to intensivists and surgeons for counseling patients and family members when considering a surgical intervention in a moribund patient...
- Association of red blood cell transfusion and postoperative outcomes after endovascular aortic repairMaged Y Argalious
Department of General Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:49-55. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association of RBC transfusion on the day of surgery and postoperative outcomes following endovascular aortic repair (EVAR)...
- Development and validation of a risk quantification index for 30-day postoperative mortality and morbidity in noncardiac surgical patientsJarrod E Dalton
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences and Outcomes Research, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Anesthesiology 114:1336-44. 2011..outpatient, for morbidity)...
- Blood storage duration and biochemical recurrence of cancer after radical prostatectomyJuan P Cata
Department of Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 86:120-7. 2011..To test the hypothesis that perioperative transfusion of allogeneic and autologous red blood cells (RBCs) stored for a prolonged period speeds biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer after prostatectomy...
- Recent advances in evaluating the prognostic value of a markerJarrod E Dalton
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl 242:59-62. 2010..Examples of these relative measures include odds ratios for binary outcomes, hazard ratios for time-to-event outcomes, and differences in means for continuous outcomes...