Jarrod E Dalton
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Flexible recalibration of binary clinical prediction modelsJarrod E Dalton
Departments of Quantitative Health Sciences and Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, OH, USA
Stat Med 32:282-9. 2013..We present an example implementation using data from the US Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality...
- Nitrous oxide may not increase the risk of cancer recurrence after colorectal surgery: a follow-up of a randomized controlled trialEdith Fleischmann
Outcomes Research, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
BMC Anesthesiol 9:1. 2009..We therefore tested the hypothesis that colorectal-cancer recurrence risk is augmented by nitrous oxide administration during colorectal surgery...
- Erythrocyte storage duration is not associated with increased mortality in noncardiac surgical patients: a retrospective analysis of 6,994 patientsLeif Saager
Department of Outcomes Research, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Anesthesiology 118:51-8. 2013..Limited data are available for noncardiac surgical patients. We therefore evaluated the association between storage duration of transfused erythrocytes and postoperative all-cause mortality among general surgery patients...
- The clinical quandary of counseling the moribund critical care patient-a registry analysis of postsurgical outcomesLeif Saager
Department of Outcomes Research, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Crit Care 28:421-6. 2013..To provide outcomes data to intensivists and surgeons for counseling patients and family members when considering a surgical intervention in a moribund patient...
- Effect of perioperative intravenous lidocaine administration on pain, opioid consumption, and quality of life after complex spine surgeryEhab Farag
Associate Professor, Departments of General Anesthesiology and Outcomes Research, Michael Cudahy Professor and Chair, Research Fellow, Research Coordinator, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Outcomes Research, Senior Biostatistician, Departments of Quantitative Health Sciences and Outcomes Research, Assistant Professor, Department of General Anesthesiology, Professor, Chairman, Department of Neurosurgery, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Neurological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio Clinical Research Fellow, Department of Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio Current affiliation Internal Medicine Resident, Fairview Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio
Anesthesiology 119:932-40. 2013..Secondary outcomes included major complications, postoperative nausea and vomiting, duration of hospitalization, and quality of life...
- Effects of volatile anesthetic choice on hospital length-of-stay: a retrospective study and a prospective trialTatyana Kopyeva
Department of General Anesthesia, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Anesthesiology 119:61-70. 2013..The authors tested the hypothesis that the duration of hospitalization is prolonged with isoflurane anesthesia...
- A mannequin study of intubation with the AP advance and GlideScope Ranger videolaryngoscopes and the Macintosh laryngoscopeJack A R Hodd
Department of Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Anesth Analg 113:791-800. 2011..We tested the hypotheses that intubation with the APA is no slower than Macintosh laryngoscopy for normal mannequin airways, and that it is no slower than videolaryngoscopy using a GlideScope Ranger in difficult mannequin airways...
- Chemotherapy within 30 days before surgery does not augment postoperative mortality and morbidityAlparslan Turan
Department of Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, P 77, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Can J Anaesth 59:758-65. 2012..We therefore tested the hypotheses that chemotherapy within 30 days before cancer surgery is associated with an increased risk of mortality and with a composite of major morbidities within 30 postoperative days...
- Impact of present-on-admission indicators on risk-adjusted hospital mortality measurementJarrod E Dalton
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Anesthesiology 118:1298-306. 2013....
- Association of red blood cell transfusion and postoperative outcomes after endovascular aortic repairMaged Y Argalious
Department of General Anesthesiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:49-55. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the association of RBC transfusion on the day of surgery and postoperative outcomes following endovascular aortic repair (EVAR)...
- Development and validation of a risk quantification index for 30-day postoperative mortality and morbidity in noncardiac surgical patientsJarrod E Dalton
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences and Outcomes Research, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Anesthesiology 114:1336-44. 2011..outpatient, for morbidity)...
- Blood storage duration and biochemical recurrence of cancer after radical prostatectomyJuan P Cata
Department of Outcomes Research, Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 86:120-7. 2011..To test the hypothesis that perioperative transfusion of allogeneic and autologous red blood cells (RBCs) stored for a prolonged period speeds biochemical recurrence of prostate cancer after prostatectomy...
- Recent advances in evaluating the prognostic value of a markerJarrod E Dalton
Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Scand J Clin Lab Invest Suppl 242:59-62. 2010..Examples of these relative measures include odds ratios for binary outcomes, hazard ratios for time-to-event outcomes, and differences in means for continuous outcomes...