W D Carey
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Tests and screening strategies for the diagnosis of hepatitis CWilliam Carey
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:S7-13. 2003..Liver biopsy can aid in disease staging and help guide treatment decisions. Practical and efficient screening strategies for HCV are guided by risk factors for HCV infection...
- The prevalence and natural history of hepatitis B in the 21st centuryWilliam D Carey
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 76:S2-5. 2009..Viral load predicts progression to cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma; therefore, reducing viral load is the major goal of treatment...
- Portal hypertension: diagnosis and management with particular reference to variceal hemorrhageWilliam Carey
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Dig Dis 12:25-32. 2011..Mortality from portal hypertensive bleeding has been diminished by use of these interventions...
- The effect of industry support on participants' perceptions of bias in continuing medical educationSteven Kawczak
Center for Continuing Education, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Acad Med 85:80-4. 2010..To obtain prospective evidence of whether industry support of continuing medical education (CME) affects perceptions of commercial bias in CME activities...
- Predictors of long-term mortality in patients with cirrhosis of the liver admitted to a medical ICUThomas R Gildea
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, G62, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Chest 126:1598-603. 2004....
- Compliance with practice guidelines and risk of a first esophageal variceal hemorrhage in patients with cirrhosisJayavani Moodley
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:703-8. 2010..We assessed practice guideline compliance and its impact on the rate of first EVH...
- Hepatitis B virus genotypes in the United States: results of a nationwide studyChi-Jen Chu
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, 3912 Taubman Center, Box 0362, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0362, USA
Gastroenterology 125:444-51. 2003..HBV genotypes may account for the heterogeneity in disease manifestations among patients with chronic HBV infection...
- Prevalence of HBV precore/core promoter variants in the United StatesChi-Jen Chu
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Hepatology 38:619-28. 2003..Physicians should be aware of the existence of HBV precore and core promoter variants and the clinical condition of "HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis."..