W D Carey
Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Tests and screening strategies for the diagnosis of hepatitis CWilliam Carey
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 70:S7-13. 2003..Liver biopsy can aid in disease staging and help guide treatment decisions. Practical and efficient screening strategies for HCV are guided by risk factors for HCV infection...
- The prevalence and natural history of hepatitis B in the 21st centuryWilliam D Carey
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 76:S2-5. 2009..Viral load predicts progression to cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma; therefore, reducing viral load is the major goal of treatment...
- Portal hypertension: diagnosis and management with particular reference to variceal hemorrhageWilliam Carey
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Dig Dis 12:25-32. 2011..Mortality from portal hypertensive bleeding has been diminished by use of these interventions...
- The effect of industry support on participants' perceptions of bias in continuing medical educationSteven Kawczak
Center for Continuing Education, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Acad Med 85:80-4. 2010..To obtain prospective evidence of whether industry support of continuing medical education (CME) affects perceptions of commercial bias in CME activities...
- Predictors of long-term mortality in patients with cirrhosis of the liver admitted to a medical ICUThomas R Gildea
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, G62, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Chest 126:1598-603. 2004..The long-term survival of patients with cirrhosis of the liver admitted to the ICU has not been described...
- Compliance with practice guidelines and risk of a first esophageal variceal hemorrhage in patients with cirrhosisJayavani Moodley
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:703-8. 2010..We assessed practice guideline compliance and its impact on the rate of first EVH...
- Hepatitis B virus genotypes in the United States: results of a nationwide studyChi Jen Chu
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, 3912 Taubman Center, Box 0362, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0362, USA
Gastroenterology 125:444-51. 2003..The aims of this nationwide study were to determine the prevalence of HBV genotypes in the United States and the association between HBV genotypes and patient demographics, mode of infection, and clinical status...
- Prevalence of HBV precore/core promoter variants in the United StatesChi Jen Chu
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Hepatology 38:619-28. 2003..Physicians should be aware of the existence of HBV precore and core promoter variants and the clinical condition of "HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis."..