Affiliation: Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Beta-catenin associates with human parainfluenza virus type 3 ribonucleoprotein complex and activates transcription of viral genome RNA in vitroSantanu Bose
Department of Virology, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Gene Expr 11:241-9. 2004..These results demonstrate that beta-catenin, a multifunctional protein that is involved in cell-cell adhesion and embryogenesis, acts as one of the transcriptional activators of HPIV-3 genome RNA...
- Temporal activation of NF-kappaB regulates an interferon-independent innate antiviral response against cytoplasmic RNA virusesSantanu Bose
Department of Virology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10890-5. 2003..Thus, NF-kappaB induction directly confers an essential innate antiviral response against human parainfluenza virus type 3 and respiratory syncytial virus, which is independent of IFN-inducible factor(s)...
- Phospholipid scramblase 1 potentiates the antiviral activity of interferonBeihua Dong
Department of Cancer Biology, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Virol 78:8983-93. 2004..Our results suggest that PLSCR1, which is itself an ISG-encoded protein, provides a mechanism for amplifying and enhancing the IFN response through increased expression of a select subset of potent antiviral genes...
- Inhibition of vesicular stomatitis virus infection in epithelial cells by alpha interferon-induced soluble secreted proteinsMausumi Basu
Department of Molecular Genetics Virology Section, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Gen Virol 87:2653-62. 2006....
- Role of nucleolin in human parainfluenza virus type 3 infection of human lung epithelial cellsSantanu Bose
Department of Virology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Virol 78:8146-58. 2004..Thus, these results suggest that nucleolin expressed on the surfaces of human lung epithelial A549 cells plays an important role during HPIV-3 cellular entry...
- Innate immune response against nonsegmented negative strand RNA virusesSantanu Bose
Department of Virology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 23:401-12. 2003..Understanding this interplay between the innate immune response and viral replication is fundamental to probing into the molecular basis of host-virus interaction...
- Requirement for cyclophilin A for the replication of vesicular stomatitis virus New Jersey serotypeSantanu Bose
Department of Virology, Lerner Research Institute, Room NN 10, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Gen Virol 84:1687-99. 2003..The different requirements for CypA by two serologically different viruses belonging to the same family has highlighted the utilization of specific host factors during their evolutionary lineages...
- Impaired nitric oxide synthase-2 signaling pathway in cystic fibrosis airway epitheliumShuo Zheng
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 287:L374-81. 2004..In contrast, IFN-gamma-inducible factor(s) similarly inhibit virus in CF and NL cells. Thus autocrine activation of NOS2 is defective in CF cells, but IFN-gamma induction of antiviral host defense is intact...
- Role of heparan sulfate in human parainfluenza virus type 3 infectionSantanu Bose
Department of Virology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Virology 298:73-83. 2002..Thus the cell surface HS appears to play an important role in efficient cellular entry of HPIV-3...
- Role of human beta-defensin-2 during tumor necrosis factor-alpha/NF-kappaB-mediated innate antiviral response against human respiratory syncytial virusSrikanth Kota
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229, USA
J Biol Chem 283:22417-29. 2008..Thus, HBD2 functions as an antiviral molecule during NF-kappaB-dependent innate antiviral immunity mediated by the autocrine/paracrine action of TNF...